Quote:
Originally Posted by qxps View Post
A stock firmware package makes the phone all stock. MDL baseband on an MK2 build means you didn't flash a stock firmware. Which 'stock' firmware did you flash?

As to root, did this 'stock' firmware also flash recovery? if it didn't you can download the recovery flashable supersu zip from chainfire's website into the phone and do it that way. Otherwise, I don't think there is a way to get root access from the OS itself, unless you find an exploit that grants su access so you can make system writable and push supersu.
I'm can't remember where I got this firmware from but, it was from a thread within the general section which stated it was stock so I'm just unsure on that part. I will try to root using your information given. This did return to stock recovery as well but when I try to flash anything through it I get a signature verification failure. I've never had this happen where baseband and build didn't match after returning to a stock firmware. My guess is that I just used something I shouldn't have. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Addicted to ROMs. My body is always ready