17th March 2014, 04:18 PM
(Last edited by iH8ra!n; 27th April 2014 at 05:32 PM.)
Reason: Build is getting compiled!
Thanks Meter 1328
Join Date: Jul 2012
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Android Open Source Project 'master'-branch builds
INFO ABOUT THIS STUFF
WHAT IS THIS?!
*This is not stable AOSP! It's an unstable version!
*Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. */
This is our beloved Stock Vanilla Android as we know it - but instead of taking Android Open Source Project's projects from the latest stable branch called Android 4.4.2 revision 2, I changed the default branch in the manifest to "master", so that these builds always include the latest and greatest stuff from the Android Open Source Project - before Google's Android team releases a stable version of it.
WHAT IS THIS MYSTERIOUS "master"-BRANCH?!
All new commits to the AOSP go right into the "master"- branch and - to make a very long story really short - when an important bug fix or a bunch of new stably working features got committed and Google feels like it, it publishes a new version of the amazing Stock Vanilla Android which includes all the new additions previously committed to the "master"-branch.
I will probably stick to (half-) weekly updates, except there got some new great features or really important bug fixes introduced into AOSP which I suddenly want to have in my builds. You don't need to do anything else than just the usual update procedure like described down below (see "UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM").
SUPPORTED CUSTOM RECOVERIESDOWNLOADS
HOW TO SETUP ADB (&FASTBOOT) DRIVERS ON WINDOWS 7/8
- Follow this guide
- Navigate to '~/sdk/platform-tools' and copy all the files below the two folders "api" and "systrace"
- Navigate to '~/Windows' and paste them in here, so that you can use adb&fastboot from anywhere on your PC
Linux&Mac users: Google around a bit to see how to install adb&fastboot on your OS
FIRST INSTALLATION OF THIS DUDE
- If coming from another ROM than AOSP/Stock Android, do a factory reset via custom recovery
- Download the latest build of this ROM down below
- Download the latest version of the GApps of your choice (I recommend ParanoidAndroid's)
- Put the GApps-file on your Nexus 4's internal memory or sideload them later
- Boot into fastboot mode
- Open cmd/terminal on your PC/Mac/Laptop and type
fastboot flash system system.img
- Boot into the custom recovery
- Wipe cache + dalvik cache
- Install GApps.zip from your Nexus 4's virtual sdcard or sideload the .zip file via
from your computer
- Wipe cache + dalvik cache
- Reboot into system
UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM
Just do the same as written above! - but you may leave step "1." out.
1. build is getting compiled
2. build is getting uploaded
3. build is available for download
- ParanoidAndroid's GApps
Line from the build.prop of my latest Stock Vanilla Android build, indicating Android Version and build date + time:CREDTIS
ro.build.display.id=aosp_mako-userdebug 22.214.171.124.1.000.000 OPENMASTER eng.iH8ra!n.20140317.154119 test-keys
ParanoidAndroid/AOSPA (Google Apps packages&modules)
Android Open Source Project (gives our lifes a sense)
All of you awesome users of this ROM (for support)
Google (gives our lifes a second sense)
Google Drive (hosting)
Variant: 64GB Sandstone Black
(Custom) ROM: CyanogenMod 11
(Custom) Kernel: CyanogenMod 11 Kernel
(Custom) Recovery: TeamWin Recovery Project v126.96.36.199
LG-E960 Google Nexus 4
Variant: 16GB Black
(Custom) ROM: Android L Developer Preview
(Custom) Kernel: Android L Developer Preview Kernel
(Custom) Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery v188.8.131.52