Or Continue to Thread: Lenovo K900 [Discussion, Views…
Find Your Device:
17th March 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3245  
Thanks Meter: 15

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X0LARIUM

Thank you very very much. That's all I was asking for. What is MFT. I can't see any proper guide/way to use it here. Also, what is a non-MFT way in that case? I am guessing it is the sdfuse method?

Thanks a lot again.

MFT <manufacturing flash tool>
sdfuse <infuse thru SD storage>

MFT performs complete firmware flashing, while sdfuse mainly performs ROM updating. but i don't see any differences on these two methods after numerous flashing on my phone, i may be wrong, feel free to correct me.

MFT method usually required when our phone fuqed up, without even able to enter recovery or adb mode, but if your phone mainboard/ EMMC is already damaged, that's different story.

if you prefer to flash using MFT method, see this fig below:

configure your MFT tool by clicking OPEN ( top left corner ), then go to settings. Apply, OK, close, restart the MFT.

not every attempt on MFT method succeded, sometimes it stuck/ fail before complete, to solve this, disconnect phone from USB, press and hold power for about 3 seconds, ( the screen remain black/ off state ) then restart MFT, choose firmware and reconnect phone to usb.

*** only disconnect phone from USB if MFT output FAILED, or 100% success, NOT in the middle of flashing progress, this could break your EMMC partition. the only way to revive the partition is SEND to warranty/ change mainboard, unless someone managed to create a tool that's able to repartition the EMMC.

*** if we are to flash firmwares by ourselves, then we are ready to face these consequences : broken MMC, broken mainboard, data destroyed, even broken heart.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tukulll For This Useful Post: [ View ]