OP Senior Member
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
This app retrieves the same information as the custom kernel's systemstatus command and displays it in the app's main screen.Requirements:
Additionally, some or all of the same information can be displayed in a system overlay area, making it available when the app is in the background (that is, while it is still in the Recent Apps list).
This app currently requires:Features:
- Gustavo_s kernel; and
- a rooted phone (which the kernel will do for you. )
Manual and Automatic Status RefreshScreenshots:Translations:
- The information screen can be manually refreshed using the ActionBar button.
- Additionally, an automatic refresh delay can be specified. The default for this delay can be set in the settings/preferences. The value entered on the main screen will be used for the current session and will revert to the set default when the app is restarted.
- Automatic refresh can be configured to start immediately on app startup.
The other ActionBar button toggles the display of the overlay service. This service will place a view of the system status information over the top of all other items on the screen. The overlay is totally touch transparent in that it will not respond to any touch operations and will not interfere with any interactions with widgets, apps or notifications on the screen.
The information displayed in the overlay is controlled by the checkboxes in the main screen. Items with a tick will be displayed in the overlay. And, yes, it is possible to remove all the fields. But why?
Additionally, the following preferences are available for the overlay:
- position on the screen can be set to one of 8 positions. The default is 'Top/Left'.
- font size can be set to one of 5 sizes.
- field labels can be left or right justified.
- field values can be left or right justified.
- background opacity (i.e. how much it obscures the background items) can be set to one of 4 values: None (transparent, the default), 20%, 50% and 80%. Black is currently the only background color.
- the display service can be launched automatically on app startup, similar to the auto-refesh functionality. In fact, they work well together.
If you think you can provide suitable translations of the app's language resources, please let me know and we'll gladly try to get your language supported.Current Release
Currently supported translations:
- English - App base language
- Portuguese (pt) - now there's a surprise!
- Polish (pl) - Thanks to @galonpzw
The currently released APK(s) are attached to this post and listed below:
Changes from 1.1:
- Add Polish (pl) language translation - Thanks @galonpzw
Changes from 1.0:
- Stop occasional double SU check.
- Overlay Timer suspends when screen is off in order to preserve battery.
- Add 'Exit' command to menu. This is a simpler way to stop both the app and the overlay service.
- Code refactoring (non-visible change)
Changes from 1.0b8:
- Data retrieval is now fully independent of the systemcat command.
- Overlay is now a foreground service. This may fix the 'display stops' issue reported by @davidroid03
- There is now an ongoing notification present while the overlay is active. This provides quick access to the main app.
- Portuguese language fixes.
Last edited by boscorama; 9th May 2014 at 06:31 PM.
Reason: Add v1.2