[GUIDE] K900 Flash Guide for beginner
Basically, there are 3 types of flash method for K900
- OTA Recovery
- MFT (Manufacturing Flash Tool)
There is a lot of question, asking about why same version of VIBEROM_V1.0_1411_ST_K900 have so many method of flashing.
There are too many information from the general thread. so I create new thread here for beginner to understand more about flashing.
From my understanding, there are only one version ROM (eg. VIBEROM_V1.0_1411_ST_K900).
But there are a few format for different flashing method.
- This format usually flash by create sdfuse folder in internal SD. Normally for update ROM
- Copy files system.img.gz, boot.bin, dnx_firmware.bin, etc. (or .inb file which is the one and only one file) into sdfuse folder.
- Shutdown and boot up by pressing power + volume up for couple of seconds
- select SDUpdate and press power to start.
- After done select power off, then power on again. (direct reboot may cause boot loop)
2) OTA Recovery
- The format of rom is in ZIP. The zip is signed and there will be checksum (SHA1 and MD5) during flash. so the zip is unable to modified before flashing.
this method normally for update ROM too.
- Copy update.zip file into sd card (recommended is at root of SDCard) and shutdown.
- Boot up by pressing power + volume up for couple of seconds, then select recovery.
- wipe data / Factory reset and wipe cache partition ( optional, which will wipe all data in sdcard)
- apply update from internal storage and select update.zip
- system will reboot after done.
- This does not works for me to upgrade to 4.3 where I am on Qubex Vibe ROM v4.
- But there are a lot of K900 user able to flash original Vibe ROM v7 and follow the above method and upgrade successfully.
Refer this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3142 or
if you are using official Vibe Rom v7. There are a easier way to flash.
- copy the downloaded OTA zip file into SD Card.
- Go to System upgrade, swipe left get menu, and select tools.
- Touch Install specified update package and browse for OTA Zip file in sd card.
- Touch install Now.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks to Onesjy at lenovo forum.
From my experience, the MFT method is always succeed.
Url for latest 1418_DEV MFT : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3745