Or Continue to Thread: [ROM][Weekly][P51xx][KK][4.4.4…
Find Your Device:
19th March 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,713

1,823 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation How to: Installation and Bug Reporting
Disclaimer (read it before installing the ROM for the first time):

Quote:

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
You are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh.

Regarding the compatibility with mods or apps, these builds are as compatibile as official CyanogenMod nightly builds.

Installing CyanogenMod 11 on your Galaxy Tab 2:

• Copy CM11 and GApps zips to your Internal or External SD card;
  • Make sure you are using a KitKat compatible recovery;
  • If you are unsure, flash CWM 6.0.4.9 Swipe Edition.tar.md5 using Odin/Heimdall or flash CWM 6.0.4.9 Swipe Edition.zip on top of your current recovery;
  • Boot into recovery;
  • Flash CM 11 zip;
  • Flash GApps;
  • If you're coming from another non-CyanogenMod ROM do a Data Wipe / Factory Reset (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot);
  • Reboot.
  • If you're experiencing issues with video playing or screen mirroring through ChromeCast, you may want to try installing this zip.
  • If you're experiencing camera issues, you may want to try installing this zip.

Downloads:

Posting Bug Reports (comply these requisites is mandatory, otherwise your report won't be considered):

1. Use the newly added Bug Reports tab;
  2. I always test my builds before releasing them and use the latest build as daily ROM for my devices: do not claim it doesn't boot or it gives you force close loops (if this is your case it's either a corrupted download or your phone needs a full wipe);
  3. Clearly state which build are you using (for reporting a bug it needs to be the latest);
  4. Clearly state that you're using the kernel that comes with the build and not a modded one (if you're experiencing issues using a modded kernel, you should refer to the kernel's developer thread);
  5. Clearly state which mods are you using (e.g. Xposed Framework): try to remove the mod and see if the bug is still there;
  6. Clearly state which runtime are you using (e.g. Dalvik or ART); if you're using ART try to switch to Dalvik and see if the bug is still there;
  7. In addition before posting bug reports, test if your bug is also present in the same day's official CyanogenMod nightly; if it is present there, wait until the CyanogenMod Team fixes it or report directly to them;
  8. As a small courtesy, please don't report bugs that can easily be fixed with well known patches (e.g. CWM zips).
Last edited by Markox89; 21st September 2014 at 06:23 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Markox89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]