[Q] Basic Battery Saving Tips

Search This thread

devizegr

Mar 23, 2014
Athens
www.facebook.com
I'm sure this question has been answered quite a lot of times on the forums here, but I'd simply like to gather all useful tips for extending my Android device's battery life, from the well-known "Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not around your hotspot" to "Allow only a few background services to run reducing CPU activity etc".

Just simple tweaks that do not require flashing any ROMs or root access in the first place.

Thanks! :D

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I'm sure this question has been answered quite a lot of times on the forums here, but I'd simply like to gather all useful tips for extending my Android device's battery life, from the well-known "Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not around your hotspot" to "Allow only a few background services to run reducing CPU activity etc".

Just simple tweaks that do not require flashing any ROMs or root access in the first place.

Nothing will be as powerfull as rooting your device ;) (I know you didn't want to hear this kind of answer... :rolleyes:)

BUT may be u can use some informations:

- Turn mobile network to "2G"
- Disable autosync
- Lower brightness of display
- Reduce "display stay active" time
- When u have an AMOLED display, use a "black" skin for your rom
- Disable wifi notification
- "disable wifi"
- "Allow only a few background services to run"

A real improvement will be:

- root
- uninstall all the stupid preinstalled crap of your stockrom
- disable autostarts you dont need
- may be disable wakelocks of apps you need and which act a lot on their own
- install a kernel which allows you control cpu settings --> Scheduler/Governor + CPU frequencies (lowering CPU freq)
- or setting cpu freq profiles automatically + undervolt system

misc:
get a stronger battery

I hope other members will add some or many more usefull tips ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: devizegr

devizegr

Mar 23, 2014
Athens
www.facebook.com
Nothing will be as powerfull as rooting your device ;) (I know you didn't want to hear this kind of answer... :rolleyes:)

Truth is my device is already rooted with a custom ROM which isn't very stable and it is still in development. This is why I'm asking for a few tips. The battery life is already awful and I don't want to mess up with any system files so just basic tips that will do the trick are needed.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Truth is my device is already rooted with a custom ROM which isn't very stable and it is still in development. This is why I'm asking for a few tips. The battery life is already awful and I don't want to mess up with any system files so just basic tips that will do the trick are needed.

Why you don't tell me phone type and the rom u actually use?

Cyp26a1

May 23, 2013
I'm using greenify and lux (brightness app which enable you to make the screen even dimmer). These two apps make my phone last longer :)

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Reactions: devizegr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BUT may be u can use some informations:

- Turn mobile network to "2G"
    - Disable autosync
    - Lower brightness of display
    - Reduce "display stay active" time
    - When u have an AMOLED display, use a "black" skin for your rom
    - Disable wifi notification
    - "disable wifi"
    - "Allow only a few background services to run"

A real improvement will be:

- root
    - uninstall all the stupid preinstalled crap of your stockrom
    - disable autostarts you dont need
    - may be disable wakelocks of apps you need and which act a lot on their own
    - install a kernel which allows you control cpu settings --> Scheduler/Governor + CPU frequencies (lowering CPU freq)
    - or setting cpu freq profiles automatically + undervolt system

misc:
    get a stronger battery

I hope other members will add some or many more usefull tips ;)
    I'm using greenify and lux (brightness app which enable you to make the screen even dimmer). These two apps make my phone last longer :)

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk