xperia sp , good choice or not?

Search This thread

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
comparing to my xperia x8 how is sp's viewing angel? better or worse or same? (contrast btw black color and others)

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

headache59

Feb 22, 2014
Wow you should've gone for the Nexus 5

Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with a True HD IPS display 1080p panel

The latest processor

for just a few more bucks :)

Out of curiousity I checked-out the specs of LG's Nexus 5 (GSM Arena)

It doesn't support external SD card - what gives? Maybe LG thinks 32GB (max + 2 GB Ram) is enough...or did I read wrong.

All else, the specs are fantastic. Better than the S4 in many areas apparently ...(a quick compare here)

Reactions: jay-z-s

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
comparing to my xperia x8 how is sp's viewing angel? better or worse or same? (contrast btw black color and others)

that a few bucks you are talking is a lot for me , so i dont even think for a device more expensive ,even 1cent .
no one whats to answer my question about display?

Display ( I hate to say it, I really do ) sucks...while it is HD and Bravia Powered, Viewing angles are at most mediocre and the screen is yellowish when it comes to white

The yellowness is really visible ( You have to tweak the White Balance to 220/25 to get the proper white which is a hassle ) but nonetheless the processor+gpu ratio is great
I have my SP underclocked everytime ( at 1.5ghz ) and still very responsive

Battery life is great you could get a day or two with regular usage standby reaches 5 days

Last edited:

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
Display ( I hate to say it, I really do ) sucks...while it is HD and Bravia Powered, Viewing angles are at most mediocre and the screen is yellowish when it comes to white

The yellowness is really visible ( You have to tweak the White Balance to 220/25 to get the proper white which is a hassle ) but nonetheless the processor+gpu ratio is great
I have my SP underclocked everytime ( at 1.5ghz ) and still very responsive

Battery life is great you could get a day or two with regular usage standby reaches 5 days

yea , bad yellowness contrast is visible in these pictures too
greenroid-139542891279351.jpg

,my first priority to get a new phone was the display... sp is not so good at display layout but its other specification are so great and far far better than any other phone in this price range ,so I'll ignore this decrease in tft lcd ,it doesnt matters , I'll forgive sony for this stupid lcd :D
but is it easy to connect SP to TV for enjoying media? what kind of cable do we need? how much is the output resolution?(phone's resolution or tv's?)

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
I warn you buddy the SP will displease you, I'd rather the get the ZR or Nexus 4 if I were you but like I said it all comes down to you and your decision

i cant raise the budget :sad: i just dont have the money:thumbdown::(
even 1cent:crying:

No cable needed. I have a 1080p Bravia 32" TV that supports one-to-one mirroring via NFC :)

wow , i have a small problem, i dont have bravia tv:D i just can connect to tv via cable such as hdmi, a/v link, component,etc...

any ways?

don't buy this phone it's holy craaaap
laaaag everywhere

everyone hate sp in its own thread :confused: i cant figure out through this ,any better suggestion with LOWER price?(priority is screen quality then performance)

Last edited:

ireaper4592

Feb 12, 2014
i cant raise the budget :sad: i just dont have the money:thumbdown::(
even 1cent:crying:

wow , i have a small problem, i dont have bravia tv:D i just can connect to tv via cable such as hdmi, a/v link, component,etc...

any ways?

everyone hate sp in its own thread :confused: i cant figure out through this ,any better suggestion with LOWER price?(priority is screen quality then performance)

phone is brilliant for me never had any of the problems some people are talking about and for the price you wont get a better phone:good:

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
moto g is a good phone for the price i got one for daughter but it has no sd support and the specs not as good as sp,new moto g around £130 get a second hand sp for around £150 :p

Its not available in my country:mad:
Guys I heard sp has some problems ,serious problems! Do you accept these:
-Touch Screen Doesn't work on some devices IF you place the phone on a flat surface ! True?
-Phone has a limited WiFi range?
-Phone always run out of ram so you can't play most of the hd games?(ONLY 100-200mb free RAM)

Please answer these honestly:confused::(:( :crying:

coombes69

Apr 4, 2014
Bromsgrove
Its not available in my country:mad:
Guys I heard sp has some problems ,serious problems! Do you accept these:
-Touch Screen Doesn't work on some devices IF you place the phone on a flat surface ! True?
-Phone has a limited WiFi range?
-Phone always run out of ram so you can't play most of the hd games?(ONLY 100-200mb free RAM)

Please answer these honestly:confused::(:( :crying:

I have a C5303 Xperia SP on EE and do not have all of those problems.

- My touch screen works perfect on flat surface

- In the stock 4.1.2 the WiFi was buggy and range fluctuated from good to very poor, the latest update fixes this.

- No RAM management issues for me but i do not play many games.

Indohara

Dec 23, 2013
1. my usual score is 22xxx, my best score is 23xxx!
2. i'll give 8 for it
3. sometimes, it gives me pinch and zoom/multitouch error while playing games, but it will fix itself soon enough
4. i would repick it again, but if I had more money,maybe i'll take nexus 5 (nexus 5's price in my country is so high) *duh*
5.hey CJ! GTA SA is running smoothly on my sp, say hi to my CJ! (if you know what i mean) :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-29-18-05-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-29-18-05-35.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 48

jay-z-s

Dec 1, 2012
Amol
I have a C5303 Xperia SP on EE and do not have all of those problems.

- My touch screen works perfect on flat surface

- In the stock 4.1.2 the WiFi was buggy and range fluctuated from good to very poor, the latest update fixes this.

- No RAM management issues for me but i do not play many games.

thanks man ,in one of android forums
they said to me these issues do exist

1. my usual score is 22xxx, my best score is 23xxx!
2. i'll give 8 for it
3. sometimes, it gives me pinch and zoom/multitouch error while playing games, but it will fix itself soon enough
4. i would repick it again, but if I had more money,maybe i'll take nexus 5 (nexus 5's price in my country is so high) *duh*
5.hey CJ! GTA SA is running smoothly on my sp, say hi to my CJ! (if you know what i mean) :cool:

Hey man, how is your CJ doing?!! :D
Thats really good News for me cause i thought sp cant run gta smooth!
I was worried because playing gta on mobile is the reason why I'm upgrading my phone to a newer one:D:D:p LOL!
Nexus5 is expensive for me too!:mad:
What do you think of huawei ascend g610s? If sp is rated 10 ,whats the score of g610 in your opinion?
G610 spec:
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_g610s-5699.php

Thanks man for the info
& thanks again:thumbup: God bless you!

Indohara

Dec 23, 2013
thanks man ,in one of android forums
they said to me these issues do exist

Hey man, how is your CJ doing?!! :D
Thats really good News for me cause i thought sp cant run gta smooth!
I was worried because playing gta on mobile is the reason why I'm upgrading my phone to a newer one:D:D:p LOL!
Nexus5 is expensive for me too!:mad:
What do you think of huawei ascend g610s? If sp is rated 10 ,whats the score of g610 in your opinion?
G610 spec:
http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_g610s-5699.php

Thanks man for the info
& thanks again:thumbup: God bless you!

he's rapin some dallas..hahaa
Don't worry, GTA SA is runnin smoothly on this device :D
hmmm, if do you didn't want to root it later, i guess you should not buy this one as it only has 4gb of internal memory, (SA suck up 2.x GB), SP has better overall performance :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi xda buddies!
    im planning to leave my xperis x8 to a new device ,with a low-priced device like SP
    ill be very happy if help me through out these question:
    1-how much is sp's real antutu score? cause some videos on youtube shows a score around 15540 but another shows 23000?
    2-Do you like the TFT screen on sp?(quality ,viewing angel, etc) rate from 1 to 10 (10 is a calibrated device like iphones or ipad)
    3-Any problems experianced with SP?
    4-If you turn back in time will you pick SP again?:sly::p
    5-Does this device runs GTA SA smooth?(more important that other question!:rolleyes:)

Stupid Question ,sorry!:D

I personally like to pick new Asus fonepad7 which is way cheaper for me to get,and its stunning ips panel

God Bless You guys
    Regards Javid

1. alright so my antutu score is 23400
    2. the screen is quite pleasant even in the sun so id rate it at a 7-8 viewing angles dont matter much since im always in front of the phone not lying down beside it
    3. I havent experienced any problems with the xperia sp
    4. i would re pick the sp because at the time there was nothing better up till recently i havent seen anything to match it
    5. the sp is one of the best phones for gaming because it has the same gpu as most 2013 flagships minus the 1080p display hence it has a very high frame rate, it has one of the highest frame rates for any phone something around 49 fps
    I'm on stock 4.3 the upgrade added only about 1-2 thousand more points, not much

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
    Different types with lte or not, but the firmware, kernel and tweaks are special for the score.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP
    Again im on stock, no root no custom Rom, no nothing
    I'll add more later, it's pretty late right now
    Alright I was bored and couldn't sleep again, stock no modification whatsoever