Default Dock not charging, tablet does (also through dock)

This has been going on for a while and hasnt bothered me too much, until now!

The thing is my dock hasn't been charging for quite a while, battery is stuck at 0%. The light is blinking orange when the tablet is docked in and/or the charger is connected. The tablet itself charges just fine, also through the dock.

I have already opened the dock, nothing strange. Battery appears fine (not swolen or anything) and nothing weird with the connection. I have been flipping the SW1001 swithc like crazy as well (even though by now I don;t remember the default anymore, open or closed... or what open or closed actually is. Even though on the backside of the PCB there is some 'open' print).

I have tried charging the dock (both seperately as with tablet docked in) with switch in both connections (for quite a few hours) but without luck. The led is blinking the same way, no matter how I put the switch.

Also tried flashing stock firmware again, no luck.

* Is there a way to test the dock battery? (Apart from switching the dock and tablet battery for example).

* Does anyone know what the default posittion of the SW1001 swithc is? (This is the switch on the right side of the left pcb inside the keyboard dock).

* Any other tricks getting the dock battery to charge again?

I have been thinking of ordering a new battery (or possibly entire dock, might be able to get one second handed) but would really like to have tried everything else first