OP Recognized Developer
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
1. When will the next version be released?
2. How do I install the rom?!
Viper4G Install Instructions
3. How do install OTA (Over-The-Air) updates?
- IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE/RECOVERY FOLLOW THE NEXT TWO LINES EXACTLY!
- Please Follow Directions in Capt's thread here. (I recommend using the "4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery" file.
- Download the the latest Viper4G full ROM zip
- Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
- Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Backup current ROM if desired
- Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
- Reboot and Enjoy
If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.
Settings - About - Software updates
4. How do I restore my HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings)?
Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")
5. How do I make my device look like stock?
To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:
6. I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
- Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
- Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
- Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
- Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable
First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
- Rebooting into Recovery
- Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
- Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
- Try replicating the issue
If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.
To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:
- Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
- run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
- To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
- Press Control-C to stop logging
- Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
- Post the link here with the problem being experienced
If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14
It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.
8. I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.
9. My question is not listed here, what to do?
Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:
10. My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner
11. What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
12. Developer mode is no longer listed in Settings. How do I enable it?
Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! )
13. Insufficient storage error on app update/install in play store
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...57&postcount=114. Where can I find themes for this ROM, besides the HUB?
Jm@n has an official Viper4G 4.x.x Theme Thread found HERE
Last edited by Vinchenzop; 26th March 2014 at 05:01 AM.