Or Continue to Thread: New Project - reskinning exist…
Find Your Device:
26th March 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

128 posts
Hey friendly xda people So I am in the beginning stages of a full on android addiction and decided I would start my first real project by attempting to re skin an existing app that is extremely well featured but lacking visually so I chose ... well I don't think I will say out of respect for the developer. But realistically I have many years experience using adobe products and am more than comfortable mucking around with pngs. So where I am at now is I have a good 80% of the assets re skinned and updated to a more kit kat like look and have verified that the dev has used no 9 pngs that I have accidentally edited, but this is where I am stuck. I have followed the walkthroughs to use apktool and signapk + zipallign to get the apk ready and have finished with the process. When I then go to load the apk on the phone I get the app to install, but then when it runs the app closes right after its splash screen. So I do understand that sight unseen it will be quite difficult to diagnose what problem I am having, but I'm learning and really would like some insight into some sort of trick/ tool or process that I could use to track down where my issue lies.