About this Guide:
In this guide you will learn how to Update your phone to the latest stock firmware available for your device for your region/country
- You will make your device status from Un-official To Official.
- Your device will get Un-Rooted and all the changes you have made by rooting the device will be fixed .
- If you have flashed wrong stock ROM or of other Region/Country this will fix it.
- Fix software problems you face
Please Dont Copy this to other forums and blogs. Give Direct Link to this Guide.
- If you have Bricked your device or your device is Not booting Up This thread is Not for you.
- For those who face Software problems are requested to try resetting your Phone to check if it fixes by it Before trying this.
Go to Settings--> Back up and reset --> Factory Data Reset
Difficulty level: Easy
Things you need:
- A computer with Kies installed.
- Internet Connection.
- USB Cable.
- A working Brain .
- Of-course the device to be updated.
For Example I will be using My Device - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini "GT-I8190N"
- Open Kies
- Go to Tools
- Firmware Upgrade and Instantiation
- Enter Your Phone Model Number
Go to Settings --> About Phone, Find Your Model Number
Note: You Should Enter As it is in Settings i.e, "GT-I8190N"
- Now Enter your device Serial Number
Note: Go to Settings--> Status--> Find Serial Number.
- Click "OK" to the Dialogue boxes
Now It will start Downloading Drivers etc to Flash..
- Check "I have read all of the above Information."
- Connect your device
- Select "Proceed without saving"
- Then Click "Start Upgrade"
- All Moste Done!
It will now download and flash the Firmware to Your Device
- Your device will Reboot and Install the firmware.
- Reboot and You're Done!
Congratulations! Your Device is Now Official!
Hit the thanks button
Originally Posted by SadEff
PM me if you have some thing usefull to add to this thread.
Last edited by SadEff; 29th August 2014 at 02:07 AM.