FAQ'S

Sometimes it's not possible to read through all the pages of a thread to find a solution ,a simple search within the thread could help you finding a solution but sometimes people tend to forget that and ask things over and over again.At the request of @mannyvinny i am going to make this FAQ thread and try to cover the installation guidelines,issues with flashing the ROM along with their solutions.Bugs and Fixes as well.

Version 6 best to be flashed with TWRP,Philz recovery is giving issues to many of us so it's advised to switch to TWRP and flash this ROM.Once the ROM boots up you can switch to philz if you like.Links can be found below for TWRP Recovery.

Quote:
If you are looking to downgrade from stock 4.3 to 4.1.2 read the guide below
Guide

Version 5

Quote:
Apps that are safe to remove (Depends on the features you don't need)
Read this Guide Thanks to @passenger001

Quote:
Chainfire auto root
Read this.

Quote:
Which recovery should i be on?
You need to be on Philz touch 6.25.0 /Philz touch 6.41.6 or TWRP 2.6.3.2 and higher.

Quote:
Where is the link to latest recovery?
Philz touch 6.25.0/Philz touch 6.41.6 Here. TWRP Here.

Quote:
How to flash recovery via odin
Read this

Quote:
How do i get my phone ready prior to flashing to this ROM?
Download V4 ROM and place it on your external sd card. A full wipe is a MUST. Philz touch and TWRP offer different ways of wiping the phone.I will cover below the ways how to wipe your phone in each recovery.

Quote:
Philz touch 6.25.0 The newer version of Philz touch 6.25.0 can also be used to flash this ROM.Perform the wipes as mentioned below
Go to mounts and storage and click on format/system, format/cache, format/preload , format/data and format/data and data/media (/sdcard)<--- this will format your internal storage,so back up if you have anything saved on it..NOTE: Do NOT format storage/sdcard1 cause this is your external sd card if you accidentally do format it you will lose all the contents on your sd card.If you still want to format your external sd card by this way make sure you have a card reader handy to be able to transfer the downloaded ROM and other contents on your sd card.
Now go back to main menu and click on advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache ,once again go back to main menu and click on wipe cache partition and go ahead and wipe it.At the very end go back to main menu and click on wipe data/factory reset and choose Clean to install a New ROM.Done.You have successfully performed all the wipes.Now you can go ahead and flash the ROM.

TWRP 2.6.3.2 & higher, preferably 2.7.0 or 2.7.0.2
Go to wipe,click on Advanced Wipe and choose Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage.Now go back to main menu and flash the ROM.

Quote:
Stock ND3 Recovery
Here. Flash it via pc odin by choosing the PDA/AP tab

Quote:
Many users are facing NULL IMEI after flashing 4.4.2 ROMS so came across this post and it seemed to help many users restoring their IMEI
Restoring IMEI it's an old modem ME4.
Quote:
No network although IMEI and Baseband intact after upgrading to 4.4.2, shows emergency calls only
Flash this patched NB4 Modem
Verion 5 FAQ's begin below(Note: You can still refer to the FAQ guide I made below for Version 4 this since it covers many common points with version 5 and vice versa, if you cannot find the answer to your issue in my guide feel free to let mannyvinny and myself know)

Quote:
Latest NC2 modem for the leaked FNC2 kitkat based ROM
NC2 Modem.Use this if facing signal strength or data speed issues. This modem apparently works well with 4.3 TW Rom as well.Thanks to @Androidwizzard for letting me know

Quote:
Latest ND3 modem from the official 4.4.2 ND3 based ROM
ND3 Modem

Quote:
N7100DDUFND1-- Modem from the Indian stock rom
(Only for Indian users)
DownloadThanks @smeet.somaiya
Apparently users not in India have used this modem and has helped them improve their battery life and signal reception but do remember it's tailor made for India so if you do experience battery drain/poor signal/reduced data speeds then it's time to switch back to ND3

Quote:
N7100DXUFND2 modem
Download (South East Asia Modem)

Quote:
Latest ND3 Knoxed Bootloader from the official 4.4.2 TW ROM
ND3 Bootloader,It's a KNOXED bootloader so those who don't want to upgrade from MJ5 shouldn't try it.For the ones who are on KNOXED bootloader can upgrade to it.Apparently it's been reported that the bug which existed in base ROM that the phone wouldn't charge when turned off is eliminated after flashing this newest bootloader for kitkat TW.You can use this bootloader on 4.3 custom roms ,4.4.2 TW and 4.4.2 AOSP roms

Quote:
People have reported that they cannot download certain apps on their device "You cannot download data on this device"
Use this multi utility by Dr.Ketan and choose the feature you'd like to fix Utilities Tool..Thank you @dr.ketan for this.

Quote:
Does your music pause when you receive notifications?Putting the phone on vibrate or silent mode doesn't help either?

Read this post

Quote:
Want to get rid of that annoying S-widget notification when you pull down the notification bar pertaining to birthday events etc?
Using Titanium backup, uninstall/freeze Home screen festival widget 1.0 and S Planner widget.

Quote:
How to remove weather widget from lockscreen?
Remove keyguardSplannerWidget.apk from system/app.

Quote:
Some users have reported Keyboard FC,not sure why this happens but flash the below fix provided by developer.
Keyboard fix

Quote:
Unable to get transparent dialer in aroma?Flash the 320 dpi or 240 dpi depending on the dpi you chose
Transparent Dialer

Quote:
Ringtone FC while selecting it in settings ?
Ringtone FC fix.,Thanks to @bondro

Quote:
Email Fc when selecting customized ringtone or getting FC when copying pasting content to your email body?
Okay boys and GIRL on this thread , everyone was facing the email app bug which wouldn't let them select another ringtone for their email id ,it would FC on them and another user reported that she wasn't able to copy paste content in her email ,it would fc on her so I thought how about we replace the v5 SecEmail_J.apk with the one from V4 and I provided it to @TimmyTimz and she said copy paste worked fine as well as no more ringtone FC while selecting a customized ringtone for email id.You can download the V4 email app from below and push it to /system/app and replace the existing one and set permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.
PS: Those who already have a V4 copy of manny's ROM can extract the same from the zip file and repeat the steps above.Enjoy

Thank you @TimmyTimz for testing this out and reporting back to me that it worked without any issues.

SecEmail_J.apk

Quote:
Google camera gives FC when trying to access the settings?
Read this Post.Push the file to /system/etc and confirm "over write".Set the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.
Back up the original media_profiles.xml just incase

Apparently Google updated the Google Camera in playstore which doesn't give anymore FC's

Quote:
Auto call record on 4.4.2
Check this thread by @dr.ketan

Quote:
Easy One hand apk
Here

Quote:
S5 Launcher Touchwiz S5 (4x5 , 5x5 ,5x6 , 6 icon in dock)
Modded S5 launcher

Quote:
Working S5 music player on Official ND3 KK
Here

Quote:
Official Stock 4.4.2 NE1 (France)
Download Extract the zip file, you'll get a .tar.md5 file , place it on PDA/AP tab on PC Odin and hit start.Give it about 25-30 mins.

Quote:
How to root official 4.4.2
Refer to this Guide made by @smeet.somaiya

Quote:
SuperSU V1.94 ZIP
Here

####Version 4 FAQ'S####

Comments of V4 start from Here

Do remember that Version 1,2 & 3 of this ROM are bug free thanks to the developer who repeatedly tested the ROM before releasing it to the public. V4 is the leaked version of 4.4.2 (French CSC) so expect some bugs and un expected behavior. The developer has tried to eradicate those bugs but since it's a leaked one some bugs cannot be fixed. The ROM can be used as a daily driver. I will try my best to keep this FAQ up to date and also would like to advice everyone if you guys find any solutions to bugs/issues reported by other users and it's not covered in this post,feel free to let mannyvinny or myself know so we can update this post accordingly and your name would be mentioned as well.Now let's get this started.

PS: The solutions offered are not my hard work ,it's due to other users or developers who fixed it,so please thank them as well when you visit their post/thread. I am just trying my best to compile them all in one place so it would be easier for everyone to find it.

Quote:
Chainfire auto root
Read this.

Quote:
Which recovery should i be on?
You need to be on Philz touch 6.19.2 /Philz touch 6.25.0 or TWRP 2.6.3.2 and higher.

Quote:
Where is the link to latest recovery?
Philz touch 6.19.2 /Philz touch 6.25.0 Here. TWRP Here.

Quote:
How to flash recovery via odin
Read this

Quote:
How do i get my phone ready prior to flashing to this ROM?
Download V4 ROM and place it on your external sd card. A full wipe is a MUST. Philz touch and TWRP offer different ways of wiping the phone.I will cover below the ways how to wipe your phone in each recovery.

Quote:
Few users have reported of having a "bad" zip file,please check the MD5 of the downloaded zip file via your root explorer before flashing this ROM.
MD5-45fa797bd17f7669e9eaea4a25a29c2e

Quote:
Philz touch 6.25.0 The newer version of Philz touch 6.41.6 can also be used to flash this ROM.Perform the wipes as mentioned below
Go to mounts and storage and click on format/system, format/cache, format/preload , format/data and format/data and data/media (/sdcard)<--- this will format your internal storage,so back up if you have anything saved on it..NOTE: Do NOT format storage/sdcard1 cause this is your external sd card if you accidentally do format it you will lose all the contents on your sd card.If you still want to format your external sd card by this way make sure you have a card reader handy to be able to transfer the downloaded ROM and other contents on your sd card.
Now go back to main menu and click on advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache ,once again go back to main menu and click on wipe cache partition and go ahead and wipe it.At the very end go back to main menu and click on wipe data/factory reset and choose Clean to install a New ROM.Done.You have successfully performed all the wipes.Now you can go ahead and flash the ROM.

TWRP 2.6.3.2 & higher
Go to wipe,click on Advanced Wipe and choose Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage.Now go back to main menu and flash the ROM.

Quote:
Is this an Aroma based ROM?
Yes

Quote:
How do i flash this ROM ?
Once you have performed the necessary wipes go to Install zip, navigate to your external sd card ,pick up the zip file of the ROM.The Aroma installer will load up.Accept the terms and conditions.Ignore the first option where it asks if you want to wipe cache etc.since you've taken care of it earlier. Choose Install ROM and proceed forward.Ignore all the apps,bloatware and mods installation cause if you choose them it might not boot your phone correctly the first time around and you would have to reflash the ROM.Once you reach the end of the Aroma installation you will see an Option saying Reboot DONT check mark it just hit finish and it will take you back to the main menu of your ROM from there go to Power options (if on Philz) or go to Reboot system (if on TWRP) and click on Power off/Turn off.Wait for sometime and then manually get into recovery mode (Volume up,+home,+power).Now you can reboot your system(phone) from recovery mode.

Quote:
I see a blackscreen after Samsung note II logo,what should i do?
It's common to get that while flashing the V4,don't get worried just reboot into recovery and wipe cache partition again and reboot the system.

Quote:
I did wipe cache partition but i still can't get past the black screen,now what?
The last resort is to switch recoveries and do all the wipes again.So if you flashed the ROM initially using twrp 2.6.3.2 upgrade to Twrp 2.7.0 and if the phone still doesn't boot up switch to philz touch 6.19.2 .Hence i suggest before you start to flash this ROM and do all the wipes you should download all 3 recoveries and place them on sd card so you can switch back and forth between them easily. One of the above recoveries will definitely flash the ROM correctly and Phone will boot.

Quote:
Okay my phone booted up and gmail is not signing in ,says problem communicating with Google servers.
The developer accidentally deleted GMS.apk which is responsible for gmail account signing in,so just skip signing into your google account from the set up screen, and push this file to system/priv-app and set permission to rw-r-r and reboot.Gmail fix

Quote:
When can i flash the MODS?
Once you have successfully set up your phone you can go back to recovery and flash whatever MODS you wish.

Quote:
Which MODS are working?
All the mods are working except LG ones ,people are reporting FC or blackscreen after flashing the LG themes or LG keyboard so please avoid them.

Quote:
My Wi-fi isn't working,please help.
You need to be on MJ5 bootloader or higher. If you never upraded to official 4.3 then you are most probably on the old bootloader.In that case you need to flash MJ5 bootloader from Here and Read this post by joeldroid Thank you @hotdroid

Quote:
Where can i get the Samsung apps from?(You need to download this if you want your backups from Samsung account)
From the Bloatware apps in the AROMA installer.

Quote:
How's the battery life?(Reason i posted this question higher up since it's the most asked question)
People have been reporting excellent battery life after flashing this ROM.Also not everyone uses their phone the same way,don't have the same apps but the consensus is this ROM does offer a great battery life.Test it yourself and let us know.

Quote:
Battery calibration techniques:This. or This.
Note: Phone doesn't charge when turned off,it reboots.It's a base bug so just got to live with it.Charge your phone powered on.
The above issue can be solved if you upgrade your bootloader to ND3 which is kitkat bootloader but it's a Knoxed Bootloader.Scroll up to get it.
Quote:
I don't see S-planner in my app drawer.
Yes the apk is missing from the Aroma installer but you can get it from Here.You need to only download S planner 2013 apk not the widget apk and push it to /system/app ,set permissions to rw-r-r and Reboot.Thank you @ayfon

Quote:
Having issues with SuperSU?
Download and install this apk or go to playstore to upgrade it.Apk Official fix from Chainfire.Thank you @androidsupersu

Quote:
I installed OG battery mod but i don't see an app in my app drawer to configure it.
Click on the battery icon in the status bar 3x and the option will pop up.Some users reported that tapping on the battery icon actually locks the screen which is a hidden feature of this ROM,in that case you most probably have moved your clock to the center using Wanam.Bring back the clock to the right and tap on the battery icon 3x and it will load the OG battery mod.Thank you @sly.cooper for figuring this out.

Quote:
My battery indicator disappears after few seconds,is this a bug?
Read this.Thank you @Androidwizzard

Quote:
I am unable to move files within my internal sd(phone memory) using root explorer
Flash this. Thank you @Leakhanak for providing us the link

Quote:
Having issues with google syncing your contacts or getting android.process.acore has stopped?You can try one of the below listed methods
This or This Thank you @hotdroid

Quote:
My sms' get coverted to MMS,how can i stop this?
It's a base ROM bug.Here are the few choices you got.
A) Use the sms app from S5 leaked apps and replace it with the one that comes with this ROM.
b) DON'T use emotican/smileys while composing a sms, the sms won't get converted to MMS.

Quote:
I am unable to transfer/write/save files to my external sd card (ext sd) on my phone.
Play Store Thanks to @shohratshankar Or Read this post (This one worked for me personally)I came across a new app in the playstore that also helps in ext-sd card read/write errors.Playstore

Quote:
How do i turn off camera shutter sound?
Navigate to /system/media/audio/ui. locate shutter.ogg and shuttermultiple.ogg and add .bak extension to both so they would read as shutter.ogg.bak and shuttermultiple.ogg.bak, exit and no more shutter sounds.To get back shutter sounds just remove the.bak extensions from the name and done.

Quote:
How to mute the auto focus camera sound?
Navigate to /system/csc and open customers.xml navigate to <camera> and change <ShutterSound>on</shutterSound> to <ShutterSound>off</Shuttersound.Attached is the screenshot for you to easily locate it it at 22% when using es file explorer. Only catch to this is auto focus sound remains off when phone is on silent or vibrate if you put it on ringing mode auto focus sound is back.This combined with the above mentioned method to mute shutter sounds completely disables camera sounds in silent/vibrate mode.When the phone is put in ringing mode only auto focus sound is back but shutter sound would still remain disabled.Screenshot

Quote:
Screen mirror FC when I click on it
Read this.

Quote:
Want the system wallpapers from Version 3?
For all those who have V3 JellyKat, extract the zip file,navigate to /system/apps/secwallpaperchooser.apk copy that apk to external sd and push it to /system/app/ on your phone andoverwrite the exisiting secwallpaperchooser.apk of V4.Thank you @k660 for pointing it out.For all those who are trying out jellykat Rom for the first time can also get the system wallpapers of V3 from Here.I have made a zip file of the wallpapers

Quote:
Internet speed meter doesn't work, I click on it and make the changes but it doesn't show up on status bar.
It's an xposed app.Go to xposed installer ,click on modules,check mark the internet speed meter module and reboot.Now you can go to Internet speed meter app ,make the desired changes.It will show up on status bar now.

Quote:
How to restore apps+data from the Nandroid back up of previous ROM?
Not everyone uses Titanium back up to recover apps+data or to make backups.Philz touch does offer this feature to restore our apps+data when switching roms.To make use of this feature,place your Nandroid backup on external sd card,go into Recovery>>Back up and restore>>custom back up and restore from storage/sdcard1>>only choose restore data(x) ,uncheck others () and restore your data.ext4.tar

Quote:
White keyboard for 4.4.2
Here.
Screenshots Here. Thanks to @bakien80 and his team from the viet thread.

Quote:
Do you want the blueish cracked wallpaper when using custom launchers or custom lockscreens?
Wallpaper

Quote:
I am looking for S5 apps ,to match the S5 theme and notification toggles.
Here.

Quote:
S5 White keyboard
Here.

Quote:
Want to try different color keyboards on 4.4.2?
Aroma keyboards

Quote:
Want to try new fonts for your device?This works for 4.3 and 4.4 ROMS
Here.Thanks @gianton Or Alternatively you can try around 300 Fonts from HereThanks @nitol

Quote:
Want to change Samsung Keyboard Font?
Get them Here.Thanks @gianton

Quote:
Want to switch modems?
Hurricane Modem tool changer

--------------THE END------------