Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Is my phone dead?
Find Your Device:
1st April 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1,256

1,997 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikitiki

Here's what happened. My phone (running Slimbean 4.3) was plugged into my computer and I was going to drag and drop some music into it when the computer froze and then disconnected the phone. Phone also went black and now can't power on. No boot screen, and can't even get into download or recovery mode. Tried to use a different battery, doesn't work. Connecting it to the computer it, the computer makes a quick 3 note sound as if you disconnected something from a USB port. I think this is good bye for my almost 2 and a half year old Hercules?

Slim was one of the first ROMs I tried when I got this phone, and as with a few others, if it RRs it can take several miuntes to reboot. Even after a battery pull. See if you can get into recovery by holding the power button down, then the power up and power down button all three at the same time. In fact try two or three times until you make it. If the phone is vibrating while you are trying your phone is not dead at all. In that case wait for the phone to boot and give it about 10 minutes tops. If nothing is happening, no vibration, no logo, no nothing, yeah you're done.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtfulDodger For This Useful Post: [ View ]