[Q] Macbook Air vs Chromebook...which is for me?
Hi. I'm looking to replace my ageing 2011 Macbook Air with a brand new 2014 Chromebook. They are becoming more popular not just because they are cheap but because of their simplicity and ease of use (much easier i heard than a Mac) but my questions are related to what i normally do on my Macbook which i got because of the OS being more simplier and easy to use than a Windows laptop.
(1) Can I send files via bluetooth from my Android phone to a Chromebook and save it on the hard drive?
(2) Can I save files from my camera's microSD card to a Chromebook and save it on the HDD?
(3) I like downloading on the internet via Torrent sites. Is a Chromebook capable of doing that similar to what a Macbook Air can do?
(4) Can I save documents written via Google Drive (or similar third-party apps) on the HDD for future use/reference?
(5) Is there a Google Voice Search on a Chromebook much like an Android tablet?
(6) Is there voice typing commands on a Chromebook?
(7) Can I do wireless printing on my Chromebook to my HP wifi/wireless printer? How easy is it to connect a Chromebook to a wireless printer?
(8) I noticed Chromebook are very limited in storage. I feel 16GB might be not enough with my other big files such as Flac music albums or MKV movies. Is there a cloud storage I can safely & securely “store” them so I can access them anytime and anywhere?
(9) Would it matter if I get an Intel Celeron, Haswell or an Exynos processor Chromebook? Very limited availability in PCWORLD. I need something with a battery life of 6 hours or more.
(10) When i connect a hard drive where does it actually show up or how can i find my files from the "desktop" ? Is there a file manager or Finder like the Macbook?
(11) Can i organise files & apps on a Chromebook (and clump them into categories) much like what you can do on an iOS or Android phone?
Please advice. Thanks.