Or Continue to Thread: [Q] galaxy s4 4.4.2 kitkat wri…
Find Your Device:
3rd April 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
More
Hi! I know about the annoying problem concerning the revoked capability of the apps to write to SD in kitkat.
I'd like to understand the current situation about this problem.
According to you will Samsung solve the problem re-implementing this feature? I mean, will galaxy s5 have the same problem?
Skipping every possible debate on the unfairness of this move by Samsung, if I have understood, the only solution now is to root the phone, isn't it? And as far as I know there is no way to root without losing warranty, I mean the knox counter will be incremented even if I come back to stock, isn't it?
But somewhere I read that this could be solved by app developers with an update. Is it true? According to me by now there aren't apps that with an update regained the capability to write to SD... Every file explorer can't write to SD (at least some features), poweramp can't delete files or edit tags if the files are on sd etc...

However my main question is the following one:
Is it normal that from pc (windows 8) I cannot rename folders in SD, and I can't move to SD files like flac? I mean files that pc prompts if you want to convert to a compatible file for phone. If I click to avoid conversion, the transfer starts and stuck immediately... What can I do?
Thank you very much!