[UPDATE 8][APP] HTC Sense 6 Apps APK's (All thanks to GakuGaku for porting)

Search This thread

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
Haha read the first page ?
I have installed the hsp-1.zip. ?? Cant find any more files. Its ****ing bananas every on first page.

Read everything. Not just the first page.
If you don't read and at least try to figure it out, no one will hold your hand. Read every page, even if its bananas. I sat here and read everything before flashing/installing anything. BF is working flawlessly. So read and don't be lazy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cskamoskva

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
HERE ARE FULL INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL BLINKFEED.

icon_launcher_htc.png
icon_launcher_blinkfeed.png

This only works with a device running Android 4.4.x or greater. Please read ALL of these instructions.

First, install Htc_BlinkFeed_v7.zip from here in recovery.
Remove com.htc.sense.hsp-1.apk from /system/priv-app/, using a root explorer.
Reboot.
Next, install the HTC Service Pack app from here normally (don't push/copy to /system/app/).
Reboot.

Blinkfeed should now be working. Next we will make Weather work.

Then, download the Weather APK from here.
Using a file explorer or ADB, copy it to /system/priv-app/ and set file permissions to rw--r-r or 644. I won't give instructions on how to do this, as there are already many guides that teach you this!
Go to Add Account in Settings (System Settings) and add the HTC Weather service as an account.
It should now be listed alongside your Google Account, etc. in Settings, and the Weather icon should have updated in Blinkfeed.
To enable the weather and clock widget at the top of Blinkfeed, set Blinkfeed as your default homescreen by pinching out, and dragging Blinkfeed to the top where it says "Set as default".

Give thanks to gakugaku(getting Blinkfeed to work) and raj_ch2002(weather app)!

Do not ask for ART support, as it will not work with modified apps. You will have to wait for HTC to release an official one. Also, you won't be able to open Weather from the app drawer. The full app hasn't been ported yet, but it is enough to make the weather load in Blinkfeed.

OP, @Ashutos1997 please put this in the original post so more people see this! Please do not quote this post, unless you are the OP, as it is a large post.

2014_04_03_18_50_16.png

Last edited:

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
@Ashutos1997

There's lots of confusing among the members coz the blinkfeed app is getting updated and bugs have been carried out by many devs. I request the op to please upload the working blinkfeed apk with clear instructions coz browsing 40 pages and reading comments is confusing users coz a lot . This is a request. Please update the op with the latest working blinkfeed with instructions. Thank you :)

agreed!

jabbeboy

Dec 26, 2010
HERE ARE FULL INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL BLINKFEED.

This only works with a device running Android 4.4.x or greater.

First, install Htc_BlinkFeed_v7.zip from here in recovery. Remove com.htc.sense.hsp-1.apk from /system/priv-app/, using a root explorer. Reboot. Next, install the HTC Service Pack app from here normally (don't push/copy to /system/app/). Reboot. Then, install the Weather APK from here (also normally), and go to Add Account in Settings (System Settings) and add the HTC Weather service as an account. It should now be listed alongside your Google Account, etc. in Settings, and the Weather icon should have updated in Blinkfeed.

Give thanks to gakugaku(getting Blinkfeed to work) and raj_ch2002(weather app)!

OP, please put this in the original post so more people see this!

Thankk you very much :D

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
one question. i run Google Now launcher with Xgels. When I hit home or say OK Google it slides to the far left to Google now. Would this break or interfere in any way with GNL? Anyone now? Thank you! I just want to uninstall anything that will conflict so I can give it a nice try. It SEEMS like using GoogleNow might interfere and that's why I'm asking.

Thanks all

Faslane

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Thankk you very much :D

Thanks a million!! Trying it out now! there was much confusion so thanks for clearing that up. :)

Fas

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Thank you! Only another question.
When i try to install weather.apk, htcnotes.apk etc i get "application not installed".
Can i simply push them to priv-app?

Yes, you may. I'm not sure if HTC Notes works, but the Weather app should.

Are you sure that you are using the Weather app from my post? If so, let me know and I will change it so that users should adb push it / copy it with a file explorer, not install it.

Edit: Updated the guide so that it says you should push / copy it to /system/priv-app/

Last edited:

cuzzo94

Feb 16, 2009
Bergamo
Yes, you may. I'm not sure if HTC Notes works, but the Weather app should.

Are you sure that you are using the Weather app from my post? If so, let me know and I will change it so that users should adb push it / copy it with a file explorer, not install it.

Edit: Updated the guide so that it says you should push / copy it to /system/priv-app/
I'm using that version, but i can't simply install it, like htc notes
It works by copying it to priv-app with root browser.
But if i try to open weather from the icon in the app drawer i get a fc. Is it normal? I correctly see weather in blinkfeed, so it should be ok.
I'll try to push/copy htc notes too
I'm using an htc one x with cm11 nightly.

LegendM

Jun 18, 2012
Ankara
Launcher working well ( search fc)

But couldnt make blinkfeed work.

I tried this method

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51617592&postcount=607

But still no chance,any idea guys? Btw I couldnt see anything named weather under accounts( already pushed weather.apk)

Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Stock/Deoxeded/Rooted Archidroid rom

Edit:Damn I just read that it's only working with android 4,4+

Is this working with aosp roms?

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
I'm using that version, but i can't simply install it, like htc notes
It works by copying it to priv-app with root browser.
But if i try to open weather from the icon in the app drawer i get a fc. Is it normal? I correctly see weather in blinkfeed, so it should be ok.
I'll try to push/copy htc notes too
I'm using an htc one x with cm11 nightly.

Yes, that is normal. Unfortunately, the full weather hasn't been ported at this moment but it is enough to make it work in the launcher.

Last edited:

jabbeboy

Dec 26, 2010
Ahaa. It didnt work for me now either. I try to install the weather but it wont allow me. Now i read that it doesnt supprot ART, i have ART activated, going to change and se if it works :D

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
have to say that's not much help. This thread is a mess and I've read a TON and been around for years. The OP did post easy, simple instructions so I thank him/her

Cheers

Faslane

Its more than enough help.
I got it to work with out a tutorial by simply reading.

Cheers

jayRokk

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: polandro

Top Liked Posts