Default Nuke your laf partition for a way to get into fastboot via the button combination

Note 1: This is probably only aimed at developers
Note 2: I have done this with my VS980 with the 12B aboot and it works as intended, but I cannot say for sure if every G2 variant is like this!

The partition /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf is LG's special partition for restoring the device to factory state with the Windows recovery tool. Upon further inspection of this partition, it's just a normal boot image, with a kernel and ramdisk like every boot/recovery image.

Unfortunately, LG decided to remove ways to get into fastboot, and the only way to get into fastboot is to nuke your boot or recovery partition, so that aboot will search for a kernel and when it doesn't find one, it will boot into fastboot. So I got the idea that since the laf partition is just a normal partition to boot kernels from, why not run the command

Code:
Select Code
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
Which will make aboot fail when attempting to boot from the laf partition, and set the boot_into_fastboot variable to true, and boot into fastboot!

I hope this helps somebody fastboot flash a recovery instead of using LG's proprietary service, which wipes your internal storage on restoration.

Also, I tried installing a non-lokified custom boot image to the laf partition, it still fails with a secure booting error, so aboot checks the laf partition for a signing key :/ but yay, fastboot!