Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
I usually don't do much to my phones until they are quite old/out of support. The only thing I really need is WiFi tether and that has been solved even without S-Off.

Thank you for the link, after reading that, I guess I did understand what S-Off in and of itself was, but I guess I don't understand how it relates to a bootloader unlock.

My most recent experiences are with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7, neither of which had security and only needed a simple adb command to unlock the bootloader.

Does S-OFF in general, and also for the M8 specifically, require you to do anything further? Can I do S-Off when I get the M8 and then just leave it totally stock after that?

Does running the S-Off exploit wipe your handset like unlocking the bootloader on my Nexuses (Nexi?) does?
no will not wipe and yes you can do s-off and leave totally stock
Currents:
Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition FOR SALE---------> http://swappa.com/listing/VQV625/view
LG G3
Sold:
OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X