knoxraid donation mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
Guess when I'm ready to mj5 restore AGAIN, I will try yours again. I always flashed to stock, just had issues with my apps or something, I can't remember.

Stickied with my post-it-note 3

thatpimp007

May 22, 2013
Sucks. I was also one of those who donated to Drakey. On top of that, I didn't even get access to the "special" download site for donators only. Wonder where that money went to and/or if that was allowed under XDA rules???

It was an obvious red flag whenever Drakey would take his ROM hostage until he got his "replacement" phone. Who does that???? Even when Scott (CleanROM) took a hiatus he still left his ROM up for people do download.

x61tab

Dec 11, 2012
Sucks. I was also one of those who donated to Drakey. On top of that, I didn't even get access to the "special" download site for donators only. Wonder where that money went to and/or if that was allowed under XDA rules???

It was an obvious red flag whenever Drakey would take his ROM hostage until he got his "replacement" phone. Who does that???? Even when Scott (CleanROM) took a hiatus he still left his ROM up for people do download.

lol

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have a feeling that with Drake gone development for the AT&T Note 3 will slow down a lot. Most of the ROMs we have were either developed by him or ported over from other Note 3 variants by him.

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
I have a feeling that with Drake gone development for the AT&T Note 3 will slow down a lot. Most of the ROMs we have were either developed by him or ported over from other Note 3 variants by him.

I have a feeling it may just pick up, out do what he made.
On another note (<<<see what I did there) he said he's going to continue his rom over at rootz.... Hmm [emoji33]

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
Edit: he's already there and under a new name. Can't post a link here, I don't think
Another edit
It's not a new name, his profile shows he's been there a while. I hope nobody gets the shaft there.

Last edited:

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have a feeling it may just pick up, out do what he made.
On another note (<<<see what I did there) he said he's going to continue his rom over at rootz.... Hmm [emoji33]

I don't see why it would pick up. This phone has been out for awhile and development isn't exactly booming (yet). I blame the locked bootloader. If the bootloader gets unlocked or there's some kind of workaround then I can see development taking off.

Is he still calling his ROM Knoxraid on Rootz, or did he change it in an attempt to mask his identity?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Hit me up with one as well, please. I'll like to check it out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland

lol. and even checking his xda profile, it say hes a computer engineer. what is $500 to a computer engineer anyways? (not that they make A LOT A LOT, but like enough to not scam us like this lol)

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I agree. I was going to donate because I liked his work. Don't know why he did what he did.

yeah lol

clothednblack

Apr 27, 2011
Crescent city california
Ok peeps, please don't pm me asking for a link so you can continue to follow and download his work. I stopped promoting his work days ago. This post is not towards those that wanted to see where I found him.
I will not respond to pm's from followers of his rom. Why would I do that?

Reactions: faslane

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Development slow down? Do you honestly think that stock ROMs with xposed and ports are "development"? I could easily bang out 10 ROMs identical to his, change the name on all of them and viola... You will have massive "development." There was nothing unique about it or original. A stock ROM with xposed is nothing fancy. For all i care to know anything he put in there could have been kanged from someone else. I don't support liars. And that's exactly what he did. He lied to everyone and tried to scam everyone. XDA is a community, and personally i don't care if I have 1 user or a thousand users... At least I know that nothing in my ROM is kanged or generic. I would be perfectly happy with not sharing with anyone. I choose to share what we have done freely, and I don't ask or beg for donations. I don't have a special "donate only" download or a paid app on the play store. I do this because I love doing this, not because I am trying to make a living with this. When you actually try a true custom and explore the possibilities that android can open up to us, then you may understand what true development is.

dupugyda.jpg
Everyone should read this

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I tried that, many many many times. It didn't like me or something on my phone.

Give v5 a shot buddy. Then tell me what's wrong with it. :cool:

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com

No trash talking here, but I'm sorry to inform that Drake hardly was a Developer he was shown by another member how to/even recently/ even decompile an app, which is all fine. But I personally have witnessed an absolute TON of kanged and un credited work. Over and over, and for what its worth, though he personally did not write or develop the ways for Att note 3 to gain root and or custom ROMs, he did persevere with his relentless energy for it. And I'll give him that, but saying he devd anything, is a bit of over an statement. Again, you don't have to be a dev to contribute what so ever, there was intense amount or credit snagging and arrogance happening that I've never seen here before. I am just horridly sorry the xda members that were stolen from. That sucks. But development will never slow on xda because of a person like that. You have Alliance, Dynamic, Udroid, Fire and my personal favorite Tweaked..all about to drop KK for most anyways and all great people and work. There is a lot of movement considering we are still locked...it won't stop...surely could see that as a promise :)
And thanks to those that really tried to make things happen though under false pretenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Development slow down? Do you honestly think that stock ROMs with xposed and ports are "development"? I could easily bang out 10 ROMs identical to his, change the name on all of them and viola... You will have massive "development." There was nothing unique about it or original. A stock ROM with xposed is nothing fancy. For all i care to know anything he put in there could have been kanged from someone else. I don't support liars. And that's exactly what he did. He lied to everyone and tried to scam everyone. XDA is a community, and personally i don't care if I have 1 user or a thousand users... At least I know that nothing in my ROM is kanged or generic. I would be perfectly happy with not sharing with anyone. I choose to share what we have done freely, and I don't ask or beg for donations. I don't have a special "donate only" download or a paid app on the play store. I do this because I love doing this, not because I am trying to make a living with this. When you actually try a true custom and explore the possibilities that android can open up to us, then you may understand what true development is.

dupugyda.jpg
    Everyone should read this

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I tried that, many many many times. It didn't like me or something on my phone.

Give v5 a shot buddy. Then tell me what's wrong with it. :cool:
    just want to clear the air here. During the time knoxraid was going, Drake was looking for a host for paypal. I asked him why and his reply was because he didnt want anyone to think it was a scam, I was to hold the account till the amount was received then go buy the phone and send it to him, that way everyone knew he was really getting one. Things got crazy and he said he was getting a loan to cover the phone and asked me to send what was receieved in paypal to him. I was the middle man in this and because the funds were not mine, I sent them to him. I am posting this because I dont want anyone to think I had something to do with this and already had a claim in paypal opened against me because of this. I contacted that person and now the claim has been closed. Please understand that @faslane and myself were only trying to help Drake out, we were in it for the progress of KR, not for money and we had no idea what was going on.

I am trying to clear the air and let everyone know where the funds went and all proof of those funds have been sent to xda so they know as well. Thank you for understanding, I hope to never see something like this ever happen again, I have certainly learned my lesson.

Him getting a loan and asking for the donations
    View attachment 2673851
    Proof money was needed to put downloads back up
    View attachment 2673855
    Trying to get him to put them back but he wanted to talk about money
    View attachment 2673860
    The other one has foul language, I need to edit it in photoshop first.
    All this just makes me sick. I wish I never helped, that put me in the middle, I'm glad everyone understands that. I have a few more but I think they have been seen before, it was on KR thread and cleaned out not long after it was closed.

Thank you
    Clothednblack

This thread has done what it was intended to do. The discussion has also run its course, and the developer in question will not be returning.

Thread closed.
    Do you honestly think that stock ROMs with xposed and ports are "development"?

*I wholeheartedly agree with you* I always wanted to post this meme. And now I get my chance.

romdev.jpg

No trash talking here, but I'm sorry to inform that Drake hardly was a Developer he was shown by another member how to/even recently/ even decompile an app, which is all fine. But I personally have witnessed an absolute TON of kanged and un credited work. Over and over, and for what its worth, though he personally did not write or develop the ways for Att note 3 to gain root and or custom ROMs, he did persevere with his relentless energy for it. And I'll give him that, but saying he devd anything, is a bit of over an statement. Again, you don't have to be a dev to contribute what so ever, there was intense amount or credit snagging and arrogance happening that I've never seen here before. I am just horridly sorry the xda members that were stolen from. That sucks. But development will never slow on xda because of a person like that. You have Alliance, Dynamic, Udroid, Fire and my personal favorite Tweaked..all about to drop KK for most anyways and all great people and work. There is a lot of movement considering we are still locked...it won't stop...surely could see that as a promise :)
    And thanks to those that really tried to make things happen though under false pretenses