[Stock ROM] Odin flashable N900PSPTDNH7

Search This thread

Kompster

Mar 13, 2011
Seattle
Minor cosmetic improvements, but the WiFi calling and superior modem (for me at least) are the main payload.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Have you noticed a significant improvement to 4G LTE speeds?
My speeds as of recent on MJ4 have been less than desirable.

Edit: I saw you already answered a similar question but I'm curious about your experience since then. I'm lucky to live next to one of the few upgraded towers in the Seattle area and usually have a very strong signal but have seen some degradation in the past few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Too Many Variables...

Have you noticed a significant improvement to 4G LTE speeds?
My speeds as of recent on MJ4 have been less than desirable.

Too many variables to know with certitude, but I have most definitely noticed an increase in both WiFi and LTE, the latter of which could be explained by the constant tower work in the metro area where I reside.

I've been on TouchWiz KitKat longer than I was on MJ4 (I bought the phone in early November 2013, upgraded to NABD when it was first leaked, never went back), so it's pretty hard for me to provide any meaningful info on the LTE speeds. However, as noted, WiFi is finally reaching its full potential.

I wish I could be of more help.

Good luck!

Reactions: Kompster

Kompster

Mar 13, 2011
Seattle
Too many variables to know with certitude, but I have most definitely noticed an increase in both WiFi and LTE, the latter of which could be explained by the constant tower work in the metro area where I reside.

I've been on TouchWiz KitKat longer than I was on MJ4 (I bought the phone in early November 2013, upgraded to NABD when it was first leaked, never went back), so it's pretty hard for me to provide any meaningful info on the LTE speeds. However, as noted, WiFi is finally reaching its full potential.

I wish I could be of more help.

Good luck!

Thank you, good sir.

I just might have to upgrade finally; I'm sure I could just de-bloat a deodexed ROM myself and tweak it back to my immaculate MJ4 setup... MiniN3 has been so reliable it is hard to "break up"... Can't go back, big decision.

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
When I open the MJ4 one click, the odin is blank...is it supposed to be? I Am a little confused and been having trouble with my N3 mj4 getting root. I seem to have no recovery now (I cannot make a back-up). It was suggested to try one click.

Also, what is the difference bewtween MJ4 and NC5?? Does it matter which one I flash??

Attached are some screen shots.

I am on stock mj4 4.3.

Here is the plight I have been going thru:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719635

Attachments

• 100_4016.jpg
    100_4016.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 229

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
When I open the MJ4 one click, the odin is blank...is it supposed to be? I Am a little confused and been having trouble with my N3 mj4 getting root. I seem to have no recovery now (I cannot make a back-up). It was suggested to try one click.

Also, what is the difference bewtween MJ4 and NC5?? Does it matter which one I flash??

Attached are some screen shots.

I am on stock mj4 4.3.

Here is the plight I have been going thru:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719635

If you are on MJ4, are you flashing this NC5 tar and finding yourself unable to do so?

If you are on MJ4, there isn't a need to flash it again. Since you have, you are on stock recovery, which is what the stock tar files provide you (your recovery screen looks exactly right).

You should be to flash NC5 directly from MJ4, but if you want to be thorough, flash the NAB stock tar, then the NC5 stock tar, all linked in the OP of this thread.

I'm unclear about your Odin shot, but your recovery looks as it should of completely stock.

None of these files provides root.

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
If you are on MJ4, are you flashing this NC5 tar and finding yourself unable to do so?

If you are on MJ4, there isn't a need to flash it again. Since you have, you are on stock recovery, which is what the stock tar files provide you (your recovery screen looks exactly right).

You should be to flash NC5 directly from MJ4, but if you want to be thorough, flash the NAB stock tar, then the NC5 stock tar, all linked in the OP of this thread.

I'm unclear about your Odin shot, but your recovery looks as it should of completely stock.

None of these files provides root.

I actually havent flashed this yet. I Am a little scared to because of ALL of the blank fields.

I tried to root using CFroot and it didnt take. Then tried to flash twrp for 4.3, it didnt take. Then an older Philz, it didnt take. It was suggested to then try the one click and start over.

Thats where I am at today.

Very confused.

VanillaG0rilla

Mar 15, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm having some problems getting to NC5. I've tried flashing the stock ROM, but it doesn't seem to take it. My software version and baseband still show NAB; however, my Build number shows NC5.

I flashed the stock rom from this thread. After it booted, I rebooted again into Odin mode and tried flashing the nc5firmware and nc5baseband. No change. Any ideas?

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I'm having some problems getting to NC5. I've tried flashing the stock ROM, but it doesn't seem to take it. My software version and baseband still show NAB; however, my Build number shows NC5.

I flashed the stock rom from this thread. After it booted, I rebooted again into Odin mode and tried flashing the nc5firmware and nc5baseband. No change. Any ideas?

Power off your phone entirely, boot into download mode manually, flash the tar or RWilco12's one-click.

Reactions: VanillaG0rilla

girron

May 18, 2012
Hey Guys and Gals:

Here is the stock tar for NC5.

Recommended steps:
-Download file, unzip file to extract full tar.md5 file
-Load PC Odin (right-click on file, select "Run as Administrator")
-Unplug your phone from the computer (if plugged in)
-Completely power down your phone
-Boot into download mode (Volume Down+Power+Home)
-Plug your phone into the computer
-Load tar.md5 file into PDA slot in Odin
-Flash stock rom

Download and MD5:

Download: N900PVPUCNC5_N900PSPTCNC5_N900PVPUCNC5_HOME
MD5=5E10DD0A690455E8FB8F13111F35A054

Other Stock Builds (Zipped Tars and One-Clicks:

KitKat

Stock NAB tar here, One-Click here.

JellyBean 4.3

Stock MJ4 tar here, One-Click here.

Tar.Md5 Files

Full stock tar.md5 files for MJ4, NAB and NC5 here.

How do I go about flashing stock recovery if I want to take it into a Sprint store?

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Flash the Tar of Choice...

How do I go about flashing stock recovery if I want to take it into a Sprint store?

Stock everything are in the links embedded in the OP. Flash using PC Odin the variant of that which you currently are on, or use the one-click of same linked to @rwilco12 threads.

FWIW, the mathematician in me loves your signature line, as does the writer.

Reactions: rwilco12

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Please show me your about phone.

Flash again usually solves this.

@micmars, what's going bro, hey is there an Odin flashable nc5 to nc5d, I installed twrp before I flashed it in stock recovery and the one I have isn't recognized in Odin.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Nope...

@micmars, what's going bro, hey is there an Odin flashable nc5 to nc5d, I installed twrp before I flashed it in stock recovery and the one I have isn't recognized in Odin.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Nope, as a matter of fact, the only way I know to get on NC5D is to flash the full NAB tar, and then apply the two update zips from the external SD card from stock recovery.

The D mystery never ceases to confuse.

I suppose if you really wanted to try would be to flash this tar, stay stock, and then apply the update zip for just NC5 to NC5D zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys and Gals:

Here is the stock tar for NH7.

Recommended steps:
    -Download file, unzip file to extract full tar.md5 file
    -Load PC Odin (right-click on file, select "Run as Administrator")
    -Unplug your phone from the computer (if plugged in)
    -Completely power down your phone
    -Boot into download mode (Volume Down+Power+Home)
    -Plug your phone into the computer
    -Load tar.md5 file into PDA slot in Odin
    -Flash stock rom

Download and MD5:

Download: N900PVPUDNH7_N900PSPTDNH7_N900PVPUDNH7_HOME
    MD5=09CDE4B212C1430B48B906BA847813C8

Modem Only here in @freeza thread.

Older TouchWiz KitKat builds:

NC5

NAB

Other Stock Builds (Zipped Tars and One-Clicks):

KitKat

Stock NAB tar here, One-Click here.

JellyBean 4.3

Stock MJ4 tar here, One-Click here.

Tar.Md5 Files

Full stock tar.md5 files for MJ4, NAB, NC5 and NH7 here.
    Since this is an Odin Tar, I would have to say yes. Just follow the instructions in the OP and you should be fine. Nice to see @micmars as the OP, why not, he's everywhere!

Thanks for your kind words, and for helping out with questions (I really wish I could get more time on the forums during the day and have my boss paying for it, such joy).

It's actually my first thread. Odd, that.

OP Updated

OP Updated with NH7
    Fstest Route...

Yeah. I read in another thread that cf for our phone was not working with this release. Someone suggested using international version. I'm a little confused. I'll root via Odin I suppose.

Here is a fast route:

1. Flash TeamWin Recovery Project TWRP 2.7.0.1 via PC Odin
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash Superuser from TWRP (it's built into the recovery)
    When It Hits Sammobile...

No. It would be a separate file all together.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

When it hits Sammobile, I'll grab it and host it. Checking throughout the day, including as of this writing, nothing.