Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Share Via Google Maps is M…
Find Your Device:
21st April 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon (model SM-G900V), when I take photos, panoramas, or photosphere's and attempt to share them by clicking the 'share via' button (in the photo gallery) there is no option to share via google maps. On the google maps views website this is the described procedure for uploading photospheres. I am told by samsung help department that "The option is not provided on Samsung android OS. You only have the option to share it to Google+ directly."

I am able to take a photosphere using the google camera app and using the samsung surround shot camera mode. I can upload photospheres to google+ and add them to google maps views using a web browser manually. Photospheres that are automatically uploaded to google+ are not viewable using google+ app on my mobile device (but they are viewable using a browser) until I manually submit them to google map views for approval.

Whats the deal here? why so much incompatibility? is there any way I can hack my way through this problem?