K2_CL 4.2 update issue

Search This thread

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
My brother has my old One SV which still has twrp on it. Is there any way we can install the ota through it? Don't have access to a computer at the moment

Sent from my XT1031 using xda app-developers app

M

Modding.MyMind

My brother has my old One SV which still has twrp on it. Is there any way we can install the ota through it? Don't have access to a computer at the moment

Technically yes, but it's a waste of time setting it up to do this because it will still flash the stock recovery. So, you may as well flash the stock recovery.

If the phone is rooted and S-Off then you can flash it from your phone without a PC.

Open up terminal emulator:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

OR

Code:
cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

M

Modding.MyMind

@Modding.MyMind Its fine if it flashes stock recovery. He doesn't care about modding and tweaking stuff I think

Would be much easier just to download the stock recovery to his phone and use one or the other commands I mentioned above to write it to his recovery partition. This way all he has to do is just accept the OTA.

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Technically yes, but it's a waste of time setting it up to do this because it will still flash the stock recovery. So, you may as well flash the stock recovery.

If the phone is rooted and S-Off then you can flash it from your phone without a PC.

Open up terminal emulator:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

OR

Code:
cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Most likely going to do that. Thanks!