[ROM] [4.4] [NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 11 for Nexus 5

Search This thread
Hey I too was facing the weird issue! Would power off fine, but on trying to power it on, nothing would happen and then holding the power button for a bit would just cause a normal reboot.
I figured it out though, the trick is volume up + power button, Voila!
You are welcome :)

Keep pressed or just push them? I can't manage it to work... Could you please be more specific? Thanks!

Spinergy02

Dec 29, 2012
Try:
1. volume up (down)
2 . power (down)
3. volume up (up)
4. power (up)

Works for me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wut

Edit: I personally don't see the point of quickboot. The only reason I reboot the phone is to let it shut everything down and start over fresh..which does not occur with quickboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: gpvecchi and RJQXCV

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Is that the Konami code?

Cheat codes? Like ABACABB on Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis? LOLs! :D

By the way, it's a great honor being able to be part of this awesome Nexus 5 community.

Today I've setup my almost 2 month old Hammerhead with CM 11 and I couldn't be happier. Big thanks to everyone involved developing this incredible ROM. :thumbup:

Other than the weird Gallery glitch (when you open any photo on full screen and the top portion of the menu gets all squeezed up and jagged sideways), it's strange that if you take a screenshot it turns out fine... Besides that tiny glitch, I can't really think of anything that keeps today's nightly from running on everyone's N5s. It's really nice and smooth. :D

Here's a bit of my Android heritage...

I've come from a Sony Xperia ZL (I hated the thing! Horrible hardware and unfortunately, not so hot CM support/development) and I still have my good and hard to kill * Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 * I use it daily as my secondary line and main bluetooth mp3 player. I'm yet to see another phone with such great DSP Manager options and tweaks and incredible sound... I'm seriously never getting rid of it. I also have my old HTC Magic somewhere in the house as my last resort in case all my other phones goes kaput... :)

Sorry for this huge OT post... :eek:

Cheers! :beer:

Spinergy02

Dec 29, 2012
Cheat codes? Like ABACABB on Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis? LOLs! :D

By the way, it's a great honor being able to be part of this awesome Nexus 5 community.

Today I've setup my almost 2 month old Hammerhead with CM 11 and I couldn't be happier. Big thanks to everyone involved developing this incredible ROM. :thumbup:

Other than the weird Gallery glitch (when you open any photo on full screen and the top portion of the menu gets all squeezed up and jagged sideways), it's strange that if you take a screenshot it turns out fine... Besides that tiny glitch, I can't really think of anything that keeps today's nightly from running on everyone's N5s. It's really nice and smooth. :D

Here's a bit of my Android heritage...

I've come from a Sony Xperia ZL (I hated the thing! Horrible hardware and unfortunately, not so hot CM support/development) and I still have my good and hard to kill * Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 * I use it daily as my secondary line and main bluetooth mp3 player. I'm yet to see another phone with such great DSP Manager options and tweaks and incredible sound... I'm seriously never getting rid of it. I also have my old HTC Magic somewhere in the house as my last resort in case all my other phones goes kaput... :)

Sorry for this huge OT post... :eek:

Cheers! :beer:

Up up down down b a b a start. Was a code Konami used for most of their games since the original Nintendo.

Anyone know of a legitimate use for quickboot other than merely amusing friends?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rohankumar.112

Jul 8, 2012
Keep pressed or just push them? I can't manage it to work... Could you please be more specific? Thanks!

Yeah sure! so assuming you've pushed the quickboot APK to system/app and ticked the quickboot mode in developer options, while phone is in hibernate, press volume up first, and then press power button a fraction of a second after and together hold both buttons for the duration of, let's say, 1.5-2 seconds and it should boot back up!

Note: I'm not using quickboot any more, so stuff might have changed!

Hope this helps. Cheers

Reactions: gpvecchi

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
Can anyone who has tried today's nightly let me know if M4A files are being added to the media library properly?

bosna110

Mar 30, 2010
hey everyone! not trying to annoy anyone, what is the best kernel used for the CM11 nightlies. cm is already stable enough to be called CM11 but would like to have a even more awesome rom with an awesome kernel :) thank you. what are the perferred settings.

käsebr0t

Apr 10, 2012
Nexus 7
Huawei P20

jfim88

Sep 29, 2009
hey everyone! not trying to annoy anyone, what is the best kernel used for the CM11 nightlies. cm is already stable enough to be called CM11 but would like to have a even more awesome rom with an awesome kernel :) thank you. what are the perferred settings.

Elememtal X!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2i8b.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Optional: adb backup
    Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hammerhead

Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Changelog
    A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hammerhead/ or http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/hammerhead/next

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Update inofficial build #18
    Built with CMs audio-caf (again), enable offloaded post processing effects bundle (cpu sleeps even with eq, bass boost etc. enabled), readd AudioFX equalizer app (sometimes takes two attempts to hook into the music stream, this appears to be an issue on bacon as well, will probably be fixed once it's open sourced), music sound is awesome, camcorder stereo sound is nice and with much less static than L's cam

If this works, I will do my best to get our plain CAF HALs and make it a nightly. If you feel like discussing, do whatever you like...
    CM L first build. For root access, use SuperSU and (only once) a kernel with permissive SELinux rules. This will now be my daily driver, 11.0 is more or less a thing of the past now.

cm-12-20141109-UNOFFICIAL-L-hammerhead.zip

The kernel lacks the not-yet-pushed LGE IRQ patch that stopped the relase, so battery might be bad. Display gamma is there with full compatibility plus other important patches.
    There is a history of repeated blatant lack of respect for basic rules, such as not keeping original authorship, inapropriate wording and intended offenses. I cannot go into details without appearing as a disgruntled elitist prick to somebody that lacks more background info. Read through each and every single one of my postings here and anywhere else to understand that I never talk out of my butt.

My share in the drama is naitivity about the traps of making a release ready for CM nightlies. Stupid me, I underestimated the hours it takes to finalize the details. But that's about it.

With Sultan's awesome "**** the rules" attitude, we would have been ready at least one month ago. And now, just an inch before calling it "stable", even by the highest CM standards, everything just stops.

In my job, I usually do 10-15% overtime because our business is flying. Then there is a family with wonderful kids who want to see their daddy. So basically the available timespan starts at around 10pm when the day is done and I exchanged the news with my wife. I rarely get more than 4 hs of sleep before real life is calling me again. Honestly, I love it like that. This is how most of the CM staff lives, I guess.

There was a point when it became obvious that a) there appear to be flaws in CM repos that cause really bad errors (3 nasty ones from the known-bugs-list), b) nobody at CM appears to care and c) the regular nightlies are in such a bad state that I'm taking too much fire than I could handle. That was when I stopped updating github because the total number of available options and their pros and cons make it impossible to keep commit history appropriate for eventual nightly releases. That's just 10 or so days ago, actually...

In this situation, I took the consequences exactly the way I described so time ago as I smelled it might come the way it came. See paragraph one, I always stand by my word. I can't comply with xda's rules without breaking my owns. I don't take unfounded accusations and threats, especially not with the above described history. 6 more hours of waiting until I got home from work at 9:30 pm yesterday would have probably saved everyone from this crap here.

Hopefully somebody will take care for hammerhead. After yesterday's hilarious news from Google there is a bright future for our device. Or maybe several wonders happen at CM, that'd be fantastic.
    Unofficial update with fixed wireless charging, fixed voice messaging in Whatsapp, improved camera with hardware sound encoding, USB over OTG, Google's HDR cam broke by accident and is now ok again, lower system base load plus all the latest CM stuff. Had to switch hosting as you killed my Drive.