Thanks Meter 13547
Join Date: May 2012
DONATE TO ME
[MOD][HOW-TO] Enable theme support on N3 launcher
So it turns out that you can easily enable theme support on the stock N3 launcher that is the same as what you get on the S5 launcher
Let's get started.
Items you will need
- apktool or baksmali+smali
- SecLauncher4.apk from /system/priv-app
NOTE: Make sure to install SecThemeChooser.apk and themes (duh) or this mod will be useless!!
- Decompile SecLauncher4.apk
- Navigate to com/android/launcher2
- Open Launcher.smali and look for the following method
.method static constructor <clinit>()V
- Take a look at the constants at the very beginning of this method, it should look something like this:
const/4 v1, -0x1
const/4 v3, 0x1
const/4 v2, 0x0
- Take note of the register which holds the value 0x1. In the snippet above, this register would be v3
- Now in this same method, scroll down until you find a line similar to the following:
sput-boolean v2, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_HOMESCREENEDITMODE:Z
- Replace v2 (or whatever register is used in your code) with the register that you took note of in the previous step. (Would be the v3 register using my snippet of code as an example). Your final code should look like this:
sput-boolean v3, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_HOMESCREENEDITMODE:Z
- Now continue to scroll down in this same method until you find the first occurrence of CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_THEME_ENABLE. Code should look similar to this:
sput-boolean v2, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_THEME_ENABLE:Z
- Replace the register with the 0x1 register as you did for CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_HOMESCREENEDITMODE. Final code should look like this (v3 is the 0x1 register from my example code):
sput-boolean v3, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->CSCFEATURE_LAUNCHER_THEME_ENABLE:Z
- Save and close Launcher.smali
- Recompile SecLauncher4.apk
- Install SecThemeChooser.apk (you can grab it HERE) and that's it! You now have theme chooser support on your launcher. You can find themes in THIS THREAD as well as in the zip attached to this post. Enjoy!
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!