[ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

LAKAME_MAN

Jun 23, 2012
I have a new question though.
I will also download GAPPS 4.4 but WHICH package?
I see "Google Stock Package" (probably the largest), then "Full Modular" and few more.
Which one can we use (the most complete), taking into account the storage limitations of N7000?
Also, should I download any of the add-on modules?

It's really personal preference. You can see what's included in each package. Some of them remove AOSP apps, so you need to be careful about that. Take a look and decide for yourself :)
Also no need to worry about size limitation. AOSP ROMs are much smaller than TW ROMs, so you'll have a lot more space in /system, where Gapps are installed.

lakshesh96

Jun 17, 2012
I have read a lot of posts here and have not found this issue being discussed and I hope its just not the issue only with my phone.
So I have been using CM11 since unofficial frantisheq builds...

Whenever during a call I put to the loudspeaker mode the Mike gets turned off but the call is still going on and I can hear the person but he can't.
Is there any fix for this or it is some fault with my device only?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I have read a lot of posts here and have not found this issue being discussed and I hope its just not the issue only with my phone.
So I have been using CM11 since unofficial frantisheq builds...

Whenever during a call I put to the loudspeaker mode the Mike gets turned off but the call is still going on and I can hear the person but he can't.
Is there any fix for this or it is some fault with my device only?

What radio are you using? Could be a faulty device mic but radio change could help

lakshesh96

Jun 17, 2012
What radio are you using? Could be a faulty device mic but radio change could help

Are you talking about the radio chip or the radio app?

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

The device mic is definitely not faulty as during normal calling without loudspeaker it works fine...and the secondary mic which gets activated ( i suppose) during loudspeaker works while using some recording app....
The issue comes only during loudspeaker mode

ASMI1

Dec 23, 2010

NLS

May 27, 2005
Piraeus
www.ilogic.gr
OK I think this is the million $ question here (I know it is a common issue), but how do I stop it from installing hundreds of apps I have on my other devices?
...But still using the google account I want?
I mean is there a way to NOT use a google account initially, then set it to not restore anything and then add the google account?
There must be some common practice.
I don't want to remove apps from my google account.

Why I ask this here? Because now that I HAD those (or most) installed, against my will (although I did not stop it), I wonder what is the best way to clean up the phone (back to factory reset but without reinstalling kernel + cm + gapps). What do I choose to clean in recovery mode?

(and then prevent the apps from re-downloading)

Thanks.

HellPie

Nov 19, 2013
Italy
uploadfromtaptalk1400097478132.jpg

Untick "Automatic Restore".
This is from my Moto G, but it is the exactly same thing on every other Android powered device since Gingerbread.

Sent from my Moto G

NutZInTheHead

Apr 9, 2012
Ever since 09 May nightly i get vibrate when receiving notifications like txt messages and gmail in my inbox. i have the global setting turned off and individual app settings off too yet my phone still vibrates when receiving notifications.
i think this is the rom problem cause before 09 may nightly this didn't happen.
anyone else having this problem.
i never use vibrate for anything as it's a battery hog so i really find this annoying.
if anyone could confirm this i appreciate it. thanks.

Reactions: panamera2011

Kael ruch

Feb 5, 2014
Dhaka
Can confirm the following to be working:
1. Wifi
2. Google Now on Homescreen (not lockscreen)
3. BT
4. GPS
5. ART
6. WiFiDirect
7. DoubleTap to sleep

panamera2011

Mar 26, 2011
Pesche

Attachments

• oneplusoneapp4.png.jpg
    oneplusoneapp4.png.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 678
  • oneplusoneapp.png.jpg
    oneplusoneapp.png.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 627
  • oneplusoneapp1.png.jpg
    oneplusoneapp1.png.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 602
  • oneplusoneapp3.png.jpg
    oneplusoneapp3.png.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 604

ashes

System UI Crashes

Hi

Lately i've been having issues with ROMS on my Galaxy.
Now I've been trying CM11 and using yesterday's nightly, suddenly my SystemUI starts eating CPU and it get's killed.
Sometimes, i detect it when my phones temp goes to 50ºC. Really HOT.

The only way is to remove the battery.

The most strange happened this night. I left it charging, and when i wake up (7AM) it was very hot, 52ºC.
After restarting it, i got the following screenshots.

For some reason, at 5AM the cpu usage went from 3% to 60%, and it stayed there for 2 hours, until restart.
Cpu usage from those 2 hours:

System Processes: 19.2%
system: 18.8%
android.process.media: 2.1%

Cpu usage from last 8 hours:

sdcard: 3.1%
surfaceflinger: 3.1%
mmcqd/0: 1.7%

Could it be related with the internal flash (sdcard0) ?

I've tried with Foster kernel, and i have the same issue. I removed it since i can't get logcat from it.
Currently using CM11 default kernel (the one with this problem i reported).

Anyone with the same issue. Or any idea helping to solve this ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-50.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-20.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-46-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-46-27.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-16-07-45-58.png
    173.8 KB · Views: 334

Super Prince

Jun 23, 2007
Dhahran
OnePlus One
Nextbit Robin
Hi

Now I've been trying CM11 and using yesterday's nightly, suddenly my SystemUI starts eating CPU and it get's killed.

The most strange happened this night. I left it charging, and when i wake up (7AM) it was very hot, 52ºC.

For some reason, at 5AM the cpu usage went from 3% to 60%, and it stayed there for 2 hours, until restart.

I've tried with Foster kernel, and i have the same issue. I removed it since i can't get logcat from it.

Cheers
since sdcard is shown in the list of processes i would say that what you are experiencing is related to the sdcard fuse bug for the n7000 in kikat. Follow this thread to know more about it :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2612329

One solution is to format internal and external sdcard as exFat

Reactions: ashes
Dec 3, 2011
Jaipur
Suggest overclocking kernel

I have already flashed the latest nightly build and now I want to overclock my phone
Please suggest a good overclocking kernel and provide link

shalawla5

Jun 3, 2013
First of all .. Thank you for this rom .. Really smooth and stable performance .. And must important that the battery last longer with it beside greenify

But i have a question that i had been searching for an answer for about 1 month .. I have baidu browser and mxplayer , i want the browser to give me an option of with what i want to play my online videos .. Of course i want to play them with mxplayer ... I searched alot and tried more than one solution , but none suceeded ... I was able to do this along time with cm 10

Hope anyone has a solution ... Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2739044

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

im using this kernal v3 and i can say its really good with cm11 .. It gives a stable performance with battery lasting well

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Hi

Cheers
maybe there is alot of apps running at background that are heavy on the cpu and cause heat ... Try greenify to hybernate them ( really great app )

GG2SD

May 24, 2013
Hi, i have installed the CyanogenMod 11 to my Galaxy Note GT-N7000, the performance is very great, but the battery drain is very quickly, you could tell me please let a kernel to flash to reduce consumation? Thank you, GG2SD.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

LAKAME_MAN

Jun 23, 2012
Hi, i have installed the CyanogenMod 11 to my Galaxy Note GT-N7000, the performance is very great, but the battery drain is very quickly, you could tell me please let a kernel to flash to reduce consumation? Thank you, GG2SD.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

I doubt a battery drain that can be described as "very great" is caused by the kernel. Check your battery stats, or use BetterBatteryStats to find what's draining your battery (G+ is a known battery drainer on 4.4 ROMs, that might be the cause).

Still, if you're looking for a custom kernel, here's one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11-2_zpsf48da89a.jpg

Code:
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/COLOR]

I am not supporting that ROM, I am just releasing for if someone wanna give a try to it until nightlies came out. 
    Also want to say I do not add any mod to this build, is just native one as CM sources are.

If this thread becomes a mess, I'll stop posting CyanogenMod 11.0

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
     Are running a custom kernel
     Have flashed mods
     Modified system files
     Didn't follow our intructions word by word
     Are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => I DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem![/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]HOW TO INSTALL[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note N7000[/COLOR]:

Read known issues ans FAQs
     Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/TWRP
     Copy Gapps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your Internal/External SDcard
     Boot into Recovery
     Wipe data/factory reset
     Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
     Format System
     Flash CM11.0 zip
     Flash GApps zip from SDCard
     Reboot
     Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
     Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

[COLOR="Red"]Updating from previous version of Cyanogenmod 11.0[/COLOR]:

Copy CM11.0 Zip to your Internal/External SDcard
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot and enjoy![/CENTER]

SCREENSHOTS
    8ajyneja.jpg
    a8edutus.jpg

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]CHANGELOG[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"] 20140220 [/COLOR]:

* Nightlies start rolling out from CyanogenMod Jenkins.

[COLOR="Red"] frantisheq builds[/COLOR]:

* Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA7 20131222[/COLOR]:

* Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA6 20131118[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Videorecording.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA5 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Root on ART.
    * Selinux on permissive mode.
    * Lockscreen statusbar transparent (thanks to chasmodo).

[COLOR="Red"]BETA4 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Brightness and AutoBrightness.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA3 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed CWM Recovery.
    * Fixed libsensors.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA2 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Battery broken.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA1 20131113[/COLOR]:

* First Beta Release.
    * Using stock CM kernel.

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]KNOWN BUGS[/COLOR]

- You tell me

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]DOWNLOADS[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"][URL="http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n7000"][COLOR="Cyan"][B]NIGHTLIES[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942"][COLOR="Green"][B]Gapps for 4.4[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"] CREDITS[/COLOR]

Cyanogenmod Team
    Frantisheq for release older builds

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]SUPPORT[/COLOR]

Android IRC>FreeNode> #cyanogenmod

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files[/CENTER]
    Okey guys! After a lot of time thinking I have to say that I tried all I could and spent a lot of time for get Android 4.4 for Note on Omni and CM and released that builds with all my desire. I am gonna stop releasing new builds from CM. As I think you know I am fully time working with Omni and I think my sharing CM time finished now. So, I would love to say THANK YOU to everybody that helped me with CM testing, using, reporting and giving me desire to work a little more on it. Just to finish say you that if some expert or advanced DEV or Member want to mantain CM for Note I will have not problem to give him the OP of the thread and my private sources, so if someone is interested just PM me, do not full that thread of messages. Thank you and wish to see you on Omni 4.4 .

Cheers, herna.
    Hello guys! After a few days and after some people asked me, I got contacted by CM team and our Galaxy Note will have Nightlies again.
    I will still work on Omni for anything needed for N7000, but this time I will also mirror the needed changes to CyanogenMod team, or at least I will try if I find time.

I wanna thank @frantisheq for beeing releasing CyanogenMod 11.0 zips that days, but now we will have it from CM Jenkins and with OTA updater working.

The Nightlies will start tomorrow as I posted on the OP changelog, so please do not ask: Where is CM 11.0? I cannot see it, where is?

I did it because a lot of people said me, but I will say that CM is not my priority in this moment, and more since I am kinda busy with studies too.

Now that we will have Official Nightlies, I would love to suggest everyone to only post here real real device problems, and not incompatibilities with some apps or people running on ART mode and having troubles. I think someone created a Discussion Thread, so please ask that things there, I really wanna help all I can if I find time, so please do not full the thread with things that can be asked on Discussion Thread.

Thanks everyone that commented here and helped me on the first days of thread to fix the issues, and wish all of you enjoy it, since CM is a good ROM and have good stability.

Cheers,
    Hernán Castañón Álvarez.
    Wow thank you so much man :D

and here is a note for you :

pl3ha.jpg
    First Nightly is out right now!

You can download via OTA or using the next link http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n7000

Please, I remember again, to use Discussion Thread for not Developement or Apps issues or troubles, THANKS!