Or Continue to Thread: brightness issue and custom RO…
Find Your Device:
18th May 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 695

617 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrantonstarcause

Hi,

I'm about to buy a LG G Pad 8.3 and plan to root it and flash CM11 right away. I've read in a few places that there is a brightness issue with custom ROM's but haven't seen a clear way to avoid it or fix it (other than perhaps flashing stock reflashing CM?). I've also seen various posts suggesting fixes to this in the latest CM builds and also a custom kernel that could be used (AIC?). So which, CM build should I use (official, infected) and can anyone please explain how to avoid the low brightness issue?

Thankyou!

Use whatever CM build you want. I don't know much about the other fix, I assume you mean when infected said he committed some change that is ROM side.

The other method is to pick whatever CM version you want(or other ROM for that matter). Use the AIC kernel installer and select custom ROM's when prompted. Then if you were on Stock LG 4.4.2 before you flashed CM you pick the 4.4.2 ROM, and if you were on Stock LG 4.2.2 before you flashed you pick the 4.2.2 ROM. 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 have nothing to do with CM version only which Stock LG ROM you started with.