[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][condor] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery

Search This thread

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.1.0:
-Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
-Various bugfixes to backup and restore
-Improvements to USB storage handling
-Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
-Various other bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
Play Store Link
1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!
See device specific install instructions

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Device Specifics

Install Instructions:
  1. Unlock your bootloader
  2. Follow these instructions
Credits:
@m11kkaa - for the pointer about kernel dt
@JackpotClavin - for the easier patch for touchscreen

Confirmed to work on XT1021, XT1022, XT1023

Latest Unofficial Download Here

kernel source
Device Tree

Changelog:
TWRP 2.7.2.0 V2.2
  • bump to V2.7.2.0
  • built against TWRP internal trees
TWRP 2.7.1.0 V2.1
  • bump to V2.7.1.0
TWRP 2.7.0.0 V2.0
  • touch bug fixed
  • backlight bug fixed
  • built against the latest caf kk_3.5 rb head (unreleased yet. I'll push it tomorrow hopefully)
TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.2
  • Fix external SD mounting (I've only just found my card)
  • Remove unnecessary partitions from the mounting menu
TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.1
  • Add dt kernel, allows for the recovery to boot normally (Thanks @m11kkaa)
  • Strip out unneeded files, so it will fit in the partition
TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.0
  • Initial build
  • touch doesn't work until screen has turned off then back on
  • Do not flash! Only boot it

Support:
Live support is available via #MotoE on Freenode with your IRC client, or just click this link.

Last edited:

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
Yeaah!! Cheers!! Hope all bugs get fixed soon!!
And thanks for device tree too!!

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
You might want to ask some of the Moto G developers about how they fixed touch for that device, since I remember a similar issue for quite a while with TWRP on Moto G

I was planning on just removing the suspend/resume code from the touch driver, which will force it to stay enabled

illogic6

Jul 10, 2009
I am an idiot. D:

Edit: For those who didn't read OP like I did. Touch doesn't work until the screen times out for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: rohitsonone

kenshinta

Dec 13, 2004
Redmi Note 10S
So here it is, TWRP for the Moto E

Device tree added here

Download Here

Hello

Is there any chance you can create a version that would probably work in a non Moto E phone but shares most of the internals (ie MSM8610, Adreno302, etc).?

I've tried to boot it on a MSM8610 non-Moto E phone bit am getting the "Fastboot boot image : dtb not found" error.

Reactions: niyonsv

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Hello

Is there any chance you can create a version that would probably work in a non Moto E phone but shares most of the internals (ie MSM8610, Adreno302, etc).?

I've tried to boot it on a MSM8610 non-Moto E phone bit am getting the "Fastboot boot image : dtb not found" error.

Which device? There are two ways to do a dtb. Appended, or as a separate image.

You can get the stock dt image using unpackbootimg. If there isn't one there, it's appended to the zImage, in which case just remove the stuff about dt in BoardConfig

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
I was planning on just removing the suspend/resume code from the touch driver, which will force it to stay enabled

Hi,

I thought that this post might help you - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49122115&postcount=129
I'm building TWRP for Xperia T2 Ultra and am experiencing the exactly same touch screen problem. Although enabling the TW_IGNORE_MAJOR_AXIS_0 in the BoardConfig didn't work for me, it might just fix the problem for you I guess:)

Regards,
abcdjdj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.1.0:
    -Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    -Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    -Improvements to USB storage handling
    -Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    -Various other bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
    Play Store Link
    1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
    2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
    4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    See device specific install instructions

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Device Specifics

Install Instructions:
    1. Unlock your bootloader
    2. Follow these instructions
    Credits:
    @m11kkaa - for the pointer about kernel dt
    @JackpotClavin - for the easier patch for touchscreen

Confirmed to work on XT1021, XT1022, XT1023

Latest Unofficial Download Here

kernel source
    Device Tree

Changelog:
    TWRP 2.7.2.0 V2.2
    • bump to V2.7.2.0
    • built against TWRP internal trees
    TWRP 2.7.1.0 V2.1
    • bump to V2.7.1.0
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V2.0
    • touch bug fixed
    • backlight bug fixed
    • built against the latest caf kk_3.5 rb head (unreleased yet. I'll push it tomorrow hopefully)
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.2
    • Fix external SD mounting (I've only just found my card)
    • Remove unnecessary partitions from the mounting menu
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.1
    • Add dt kernel, allows for the recovery to boot normally (Thanks @m11kkaa)
    • Strip out unneeded files, so it will fit in the partition
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.0
    • Initial build
    • touch doesn't work until screen has turned off then back on
    • Do not flash! Only boot it

Support:
    Live support is available via #MotoE on Freenode with your IRC client, or just click this link.
    TWRP v2.8.1.0

Hi all
    Saw many of them requesting for TWRP Update v2.8.1.0.I have attached it below:

twrp-2.8.1.0-condor.img
    @cybojenix maybe you can add it to the first post..
    And a good news, I have sent my moto e for service......so this build is untested.so report bugs if found.
    Official

annnddd we just went official https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_motorola_condor

pages are being sorted out later. Will update the thread once they're done.
    Yet another quick build.everything must work.kindly report back guys.And BTW My screen is on my way.probably by 2morrow id get it.From then on i would start work on CM12.

twrp-2.8.3.0-condor.img