Moto X+1 or Droid Ultra sequel? Motorola XT912A surfaces with Snapdragon 800!!!

Search This thread

legato89

Apr 14, 2008
I would totally be interested in a 4.7 inch Moto X+1. I went from the Galaxy Nexus to Galaxy S4 and I miss being able to use one hand to operate my phone.

SymbioticGenius

Aug 24, 2012
Moto should make another X sized phone then a note sized phablet with small bezels like the X. The options will help the company grow.

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
I would totally be interested in a 4.7 inch Moto X+1. I went from the Galaxy Nexus to Galaxy S4 and I miss being able to use one hand to operate my phone.

While I do like the overall form factor of MotoX sometimes the screen seems small. The onscreen buttons also make it seem smaller. For me the 5” S4 screen size was perfect. I do think 5.2 is pushing it a bit for the X+1 and hope they scale down slightly.

wmdunn

Jul 7, 2007
South Dakota
Google Pixel 5
This was recently posted at Android Central ... would explain the different size rumors. Actually would be great news ...

"Take this for what it is worth but my good college buddy (Texas A&M grad) works in Fort Worth for Motorola. I think the confusion is there are two new moto X phones different sizes soon to be announced. Should hit mid to late summer. Both same form factor but different sizes think what HTC has done with HTC one and one mini, but with same internal specs. A larger 5.2 inch screen and a smaller 4.85 inch screen. I do not have a moto X but after talking to my old college roommate ,I have done some research and may make it my next phone when the new ones comes out, currently have samsung galaxy. The idea of customizing my phone including size of screen is appealing to me."

Reactions: T-Keith

SCHMANKii

Jul 24, 2009
This was recently posted at Android Central ... would explain the different size rumors. Actually would be great news ...

"Take this for what it is worth but my good college buddy (Texas A&M grad) works in Fort Worth for Motorola. I think the confusion is there are two new moto X phones different sizes soon to be announced. Should hit mid to late summer. Both same form factor but different sizes think what HTC has done with HTC one and one mini, but with same internal specs. A larger 5.2 inch screen and a smaller 4.85 inch screen. I do not have a moto X but after talking to my old college roommate ,I have done some research and may make it my next phone when the new ones comes out, currently have samsung galaxy. The idea of customizing my phone including size of screen is appealing to me."

Do you have a link, please? :)

If this is true it would be an awesome solution I think. The 4,85" screen won't make the device much bigger than the original Moto X (if any bigger at all) and the 5,2" screen can be chosen by people who don't have problems with a bigger phone chassis (like me :victory:).
But I hate those phrases like 'soon' and 'mid to late summer' :D Nobody knows what that stands for :p

wmdunn

Jul 7, 2007
South Dakota
Google Pixel 5
Do you have a link, please? :)

If this is true it would be an awesome solution I think. The 4,85" screen won't make the device much bigger than the original Moto X (if any bigger at all) and the 5,2" screen can be chosen by people who don't have problems with a bigger phone chassis (like me :victory:).
But I hate those phrases like 'soon' and 'mid to late summer' :D Nobody knows what that stands for :p

Sure, check post #13 ...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...us-national-carriers-evleaks.html#post3675654

noobsquared

Nov 30, 2011
I'm surprised nobody else wished for the exact same front with hardware buttons? That may give it more screen since there is very tiny chin on Moto X but on screen buttons take some real estate. I'd be interested in the +1 as well as long as it's not too much bigger than Moto X. Till this day, there is no such phone with such tiny footprint to rock a 4.7" display. They really nailed it with the Moto X and I hope with the next generation, they just make it better somehow magically :)

trentonmc24

Jul 16, 2013
I'm surprised nobody else wished for the exact same front with hardware buttons? That may give it more screen since there is very tiny chin on Moto X but on screen buttons take some real estate. I'd be interested in the +1 as well as long as it's not too much bigger than Moto X. Till this day, there is no such phone with such tiny footprint to rock a 4.7" display. They really nailed it with the Moto X and I hope with the next generation, they just make it better somehow magically :)

If there was room for hardware/capacitive buttons then the phone would be bigger than needed. On screen keys cut down on the tallness of a phone. There's always expanded desktop mode and pie controls if you hate the onscreen keys.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

D

Darth

Ewwwww. I am so glad to NOT have capacitive buttons anymore.

No thank you! :)

eeshlikhith

Nov 2, 2011
Few things I noticed from the subway leak:
-The display seems taller. I've read somewhere motorola will be announcing two moto X's with 4.85 and 5.2in displays. this must be the 4.85 version.
-The space between the earpiece and the screen has decreased meaning decrease in bezel.
-Also the bottom bezel seems a bit smaller but maybe I'm wrong.
-The ear piece is bigger in width.
-The front camera might have moved to the left?

rocketsaucev2

Dec 6, 2012
If there was room for hardware/capacitive buttons then the phone would be bigger than needed. On screen keys cut down on the tallness of a phone. There's always expanded desktop mode and pie controls if you hate the onscreen keys.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

I did this on my Moto X and the little extra space honestly does make a big difference

Sent from my Nexus 10

aamir123

Dec 24, 2010
I'm all for increase in screen size IF the physical size of the phone is the same and they reduced the bezels. Otherwise, 5.2 inch screen will be too big and I will definitely not be getting the X+1.

Someone above mentioned you will have a choice between 5.2 and 4.85, which would be a genius move that other companies well probably follow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the new X gets too big I'm sticking with my OG X. I was looking at the oneplusone and it's 6 inches tall. That's a negative for me
    If the new X gets too big I'm sticking with my OG X. I was looking at the oneplusone and it's 6 inches tall. That's a negative for me

same for me. if the phone gets too big i will be sticking to my OG X or start looking at other directions. i am not a fan of bigger phones and the X is simply the perfect size for me.
    buy a tablet. who wants to use a phone that requires two hands.
    I guess it's safe to say that it's coming with a sd card slot since the E and G 4G already got it :highfive:

I hope not. SD cards are inferior to internal memory, the phones is sleeker, smaller and more waterproof without them. The moto x has more internal memory than the g or e, so it doesn't need it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Somebody in this article asked why to buy a moto x instead a nexus. My moto x is broken and I'm currently using a nexus 5. Even if the nexus is one of the best phones I'm happy to go back to a moto. It starts how the moto x fits into my hand and ends with the additional little software features. From my point the moto x is the Android iPhone without restrictions. I hope that the form factor of the +1 modell is not unhandy. Since I had to go back to my nexus I appreciate more why I loved my moto so much. I installed active display on the nexus but it's not the same. Everytime when I have to press the power to see if something new happened my world I'm annoyed. Seriously I've never could imagine that my mood is so dependet to specific phone. Anyway looking forward to the next moto. And this time I'm taking a wood one. Cheers ;)