Or Continue to Thread: [Q] My poor VZW Note II softbr…
Find Your Device:
23rd May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

83 posts
Ok this phone was purchased bootloader unlocked with 4.1.2 and I loaded JellyBeans ROM. It worked great. Recently I upgraded to 4.3 Alliance ROM which I think is the sucessor to Beans. Anyhow, nothing special was going on, using the Alliance Kernel.

I had been running like this for a few weeks, and switched wifi on. The phone rebooted and never booted again. Now it just reboots over and over. If I get into TeamWin Recovery it shows the Teamwin loader screen background and then black screen and reboot.

So at this point I can't get into recovery. I did try ODIN download mode and that at least worked.

The point I am at is I never originally unlocked this phone and I think if I odin back to stock 4.1.2 it will be back to the locked bootloader.. and then I am supposed to run the root hack.

The part I get fuzzy on is the details. I don't know what 4.1.2's stock ODIN files are called and also the proper Root exploit. I am reading but do NOT want to screw this up.

Any advice is much appreciated!

[edit]OK , after reading I tried ODIN'ing root66_vzw_stock and while it completed sucessfully, the exact same thing happens, reboot after the Teamwin recovery loader screen and also booting normally. I did also repartition using the PIT file.
I guess this is bricked?
Last edited by redrol; 24th May 2014 at 01:27 AM.