Power button works; but lock button doesn't!!!
Sorry for the long post. There are many for me to tell you.
Some light into the background: I had dropped my Samsung Galaxy S2 in water accidentally. After draining & drying it started to work, but with below problems.
1. Quick battery drain in 6-7 hours with my minimal usage which originally gave me a day approx before this incident. If I drain the battery till the phone die, the phone cannot recharge it back. I need to use my wife's phone to recharge the battery. But if the phone is on (say @ 5% battery remaining), I can charge the battery.
2. Overheating even when it's idle around the rear camera. (There are no process with more than 5% CPU utilisation. Verified with top command in Terminal.) (After the incident I gave it for servicing but nothing helped so far. Final words I got from them was: replace mother board which is short now. I could not follow them: money needed = 50% of phone's cost and how a phone which boots up and do anything be thrown off?). I tried to solve the puzzle myself. As step one switched to cyanogenmod 10.1.3 with advanced cwm touch recovery by philz.
3. The power button works without any problem to switch my S2 on. But once booted it does not work at all - neither for short press lock/unlock nor for long press for power menu. In recovery as well the power button won't work; that's why I went for touch cwm.
I've followed a post on GSMhosting hardware forums where I could find some service guys did some trick for overheating. They recommended to remove a capacitor and an IC from USB On-the-go module. There are at least 20 people who had solved their S2 problem this way. But the trick didn't work for me.
Can someone answer some of my doubts.
1) Is the power button a single action externally (push) but double action internally (one to power on and other to function when the device is on - either on OS or recovery) type? I could see three leads for the power button going onto the PCB.
2) Any clue into the inability of charging the battery when the phone is off?
Thanks in advance for any help. 😊
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk