[ROM][OFFICIAL][MB886] GZR Validus_v7 Lollipop (5.0.2) 02.22.15

Search This thread

danbest82

4g lte not turning on

Is anyone else having issues with 4g lte not turning on while in CDMA+lte/evdo on Verizon? It works if I choose just "lte" in mobile networks. I have Motorola RAZR m.

I'm gonna try another kk ROM tonight if I get a chance. Or even my JB backup because I can't remember if that worked. Thanks.

Edit: tried JB and other ROMs. Looks like it is Verizon. Have to call them later.

Last edited:

by3times1minus1

Aug 6, 2013
Austin, TX
I just clean flashed to 5.2 a couple nights ago on my RAZR HD Maxx. Like the new features, but I'm having a couple weird bugs that are making me want to restore my 5.1 nandroid. After the phone is on for a while, the keyboard will stop coming up when tapping on a text field. The input method selection in the notifications doesn't come up either. At the same time this happens, the back button on the Nav bar stops responding. The button itself will still respond (haptic feedback and highlight when tapped), but it loses any functionality. I've even tried to remove it and add it back i settings-->navigation, but no luck. Only a reboot fixes both problems, but this gets tedious every 10 minutes obviously.

From 5.1: I wiped (system, data, and cache), flashed 5.2, and flashed my old boot animation (Moto x). I also installed titanium and restored my backed up apps. I tried reflashing 5.2, but it's still reproducing this problem.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a bad download? Anyone else having a similar problem?

EDIT: I also didn't flash a gapps zip. I just took the stock updates from the play store.

Last edited:

virusalone

Nov 9, 2012
Red City
after a couple of days I can say that I get system ui process crashing often than in the 5.1.
And I don't know why, but I get no sim from time to time on 5.2. This happened to me in the early versions of gummy rom. But after flashing a gzr 5.1 I forget about that problem... I think I'll go back to 5.1. Try to test it a few days. Hope everything will be normal...
sorry for my bad english.

Reactions: KrisM22

newskate9

Jul 15, 2011
I've dropped back to 5.1 too, 5.2 was a bit squirrely for me. I'm on the razr hd. Still can't get Google Music to Chromecast - all others cast programs work for some reason.

I love the ROM!

by3times1minus1

Aug 6, 2013
Austin, TX
It was completely unusable for me. My keyboard and back button kept getting disabled. See my previous reply a few posts up for more details. I never got around to getting 5.1, so I reverted to my 5.0 nandroid. Maybe I'll flash 5.1 until the bugs get sorted out with 5.2.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

sshark

Sep 17, 2008
Does multi-touch keyboard work for everyone? I get stuttering response (letters are ommitted) while typing fast on this...

I wonder if it is my phone or the ROM?

I have run multi-touch test and it returned normal results (4-5 simul touches).

danbest82

Is anyone else having issues with 4g lte not turning on while in CDMA+lte/evdo on Verizon? It works if I choose just "lte" in mobile networks. I have Motorola RAZR m.

I'm gonna try another kk ROM tonight if I get a chance. Or even my JB backup because I can't remember if that worked. Thanks.

Edit: tried JB and other ROMs. Looks like it is Verizon. Have to call them later.

Figured out my problem. Got a new sim card but that didn't change anything. I reverted back to android 4.1.2 system and kernel then restored my validus backup. The real issue I think was that before validus, I had flashed rage m ROM. Looking through the files in its zip I see it modifies the radio which must have screwed things up. Just wanted to update and saw validus is working good for me other than a few app crashes here and there.

Reactions: TecknoFreak

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Figured out my problem. Got a new sim card but that didn't change anything. I reverted back to android 4.1.2 system and kernel then restored my validus backup. The real issue I think was that before validus, I had flashed rage m ROM. Looking through the files in its zip I see it modifies the radio which must have screwed things up. Just wanted to update and saw validus is working good for me other than a few app crashes here and there.

What version of Android is the Rage rom? Because on the Atrix HD, all the partitions on the phone need to be from a Jellybean fxz since the ICS devtree and radio aren't compatible with JB and customs. If Rage messed with stuff, I suggest manually flashing everything from one of your phone's JB fasboots except system, boot, and gpt. That'll fix any bullcrap caused from mismatched partitions and you won't have to factory reset or anything drastic like that...maybe a cache and dalvik wipe, but that's it.

danbest82

What version of Android is the Rage rom? Because on the Atrix HD, all the partitions on the phone need to be from a Jellybean fxz since the ICS devtree and radio aren't compatible with JB and customs. If Rage messed with stuff, I suggest manually flashing everything from one of your phone's JB fasboots except system, boot, and gpt. That'll fix any bullcrap caused from mismatched partitions and you won't have to factory reset or anything drastic like that...maybe a cache and dalvik wipe, but that's it.

It was JB 4.1.2. I just used mattlgroff's utility 1.2 and reflashed the original fast boot. Then restored my Nandroid of 4 4 and it worked. Thanks for the info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    214xizm.jpg

Warning, Warning
    If you flash this and your phone dies, catches fire, or fly away from your packets, it's on you and you've been warned.

COME JOIN OUR GROWING GOOGLE + COMMUNITY:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/109330559573276360638

Downloads

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934533099

GAPPS:
    > Your choice but I'm with minimal by banks and I have no problem.

And again stop by our community and have a min to thank @Somber73 and even a 25¢ donation will be great for a beer. :sly:
    Donations accepted

URL]
    Credits

@Somber73 ------------------ (Main Validus Developer and for all the rest)
    @mijuu -------------- (For making this possible)
    Team Validus ----- (for an amazing ROM and more to come)
    @TecknoFreak --- (for Validus bootanimation)
    @kabaldan (for all the help he provided) @dhacker29 ----- for making our device official @CyanogenMod ----- for source

More will be updated to this list
    Hey guys new update in the plans for this week. Wooohooo
    Hello guys here is a little something for you to try on. This will only work on JellyBeans bootloader so feel free to try.
    The Wifi bug still present so you will need to make an easy edit you can find below.

Download Validus 6.0

WiFi and Tether Fix (Read Documentation)

Let me know what you guys think as I modded few things for better and more stable rom then what it is already