Orange Yumo aka Huawei Ascend G740 Rooting, General Discussion Thread

Search This thread

leu6407

Mar 27, 2011
Bucuresti
Backup G740 B176

On the other hand, a request to the owners of an original G740,
for a full backup of a B176 firmware. Anyone give us a bit of help?

Robert-

Feb 10, 2014
x
I've got an orange yumo version with stock but rooted+busybox+some tweaks.
What I can do to clean it ? A friend wants to take the phone back to orange and change it for something else.
Do I have to unroot only or do you think they will look in /system for busybox or other things i've done?

leu6407

Mar 27, 2011
Bucuresti
I've got an orange yumo version with stock but rooted+busybox+some tweaks.
What I can do to clean it ? A friend wants to take the phone back to orange and change it for something else.
Do I have to unroot only or do you think they will look in /system for busybox or other things i've done?

Recovery...wipe data..and will reset to factory settings.

desmarcado

Oct 31, 2011
Valencia
Kernel Open Source

Hello everybody:

This is for those developers who want lo make a custom rom. I was send an email to Huawei asking for a kernel open source.
His answer was this:

Dear Huawei device customer:

You can get the code from the link( G740 and H882L share the same kernel code)

consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=16585

Please let me know if you cannot download it;

Thanks & Regards

I hope that will serve.

Geiser

Dec 15, 2013
Help

Hello, I received an Orange Yumo of a friend who wanted me to fix it as a favor, and for some days I have trying to fix it.

The problem is that when it boots, all the desktop appears in black and you can't execute any app. Only the top notification bar appears, and you can enable and disable wifi, bluetooth... But only that. He told me this happened when he was using as usually his smartphone, not doing anything that was prone to this error that occured. He was root.

I tried to hard reset it but it doesn't appear to fix anything. I tried to install all of the zips I found on Internet, installed CWM, installed again all of the zips and ROMs I found, but it always fails to install... It says "Installation aborted"

I found a TWRP bootloader but it failed to change bootloader, giving me a black screen when I enter recovery, maybe because it was for the Orange Daytona. I wanted to apply a backup of another Orange Yumo in TWRP I found on the Internet.
But I haven't found any TWRP for the Orange Yumo... And it's strange. Because the backup was made using this smartphone and with TWRP.

Now I just swapped again to cwm and I can't even log in the phone, even if I hard reset it. Hope you guys could help me to get the TWRP or the ROM of the Orange Yumo (Spain) or help me in whatever way. It would be great. Thank you

enano-rojo

Apr 9, 2014
Hello, I received an Orange Yumo of a friend who wanted me to fix it as a favor, and for some days I have trying to fix it.

The problem is that when it boots, all the desktop appears in black and you can't execute any app. Only the top notification bar appears, and you can enable and disable wifi, bluetooth... But only that. He told me this happened when he was using as usually his smartphone, not doing anything that was prone to this error that occured. He was root.

I tried to hard reset it but it doesn't appear to fix anything. I tried to install all of the zips I found on Internet, installed CWM, installed again all of the zips and ROMs I found, but it always fails to install... It says "Installation aborted"

I found a TWRP bootloader but it failed to change bootloader, giving me a black screen when I enter recovery, maybe because it was for the Orange Daytona. I wanted to apply a backup of another Orange Yumo in TWRP I found on the Internet.
But I haven't found any TWRP for the Orange Yumo... And it's strange. Because the backup was made using this smartphone and with TWRP.

Now I just swapped again to cwm and I can't even log in the phone, even if I hard reset it. Hope you guys could help me to get the TWRP or the ROM of the Orange Yumo (Spain) or help me in whatever way. It would be great. Thank you

Have you got a open bootloader?
You must have a open bootloader to install other ROM.

If you have it open, you must install the same recovery with which the backup was made.

Over Orange Yumo you can`t install original firmware from Huawei, because Orange Yumo is a diferent model than Huawei G740, and don´t support original firmware.

You try installing a ROM of Huawei G740 (Not Yumo), but the rom has two problem.

1. Lockscreen's properties in system/all don't work (only works in system/general mode). You solve this with WidgetLocker.
2. The themes can't be change. The phone have a mix of colors white an orange. (original for Orange Yumo). You can solve this with Xposed.

If you want to install the rom, I can upload the link and the small tutorial contributed by leu6407.

Reactions: Geiser

Geiser

Dec 15, 2013
Solved

Have you got a open bootloader?
You must have a open bootloader to install other ROM.

If you have it open, you must install the same recovery with which the backup was made.

Over Orange Yumo you can`t install original firmware from Huawei, because Orange Yumo is a diferent model than Huawei G740, and don´t support original firmware.

You try installing a ROM of Huawei G740 (Not Yumo), but the rom has two problem.

1. Lockscreen's properties in system/all don't work (only works in system/general mode). You solve this with WidgetLocker.
2. The themes can't be change. The phone have a mix of colors white an orange. (original for Orange Yumo). You can solve this with Xposed.

If you want to install the rom, I can upload the link and the small tutorial contributed by leu6407.

Don't you worry, finally solved. I had the bootloader unlocked and thanks to KainXSS I could install the ROM of /system. That was all I needed.

Thank you

Reactions: desmarcado

KainXSS

Jan 29, 2011
Hello everybody:

This is for those developers who want lo make a custom rom. I was send an email to Huawei asking for a kernel open source.
His answer was this:

Thanks & Regards

I hope that will serve.

I've been pretty busy but this really looks like the case and explains why the vitria's kernel is booting on the rest of them, the H882L is the Y301-A3 and the vitria and Y301-A3 are pretty much the same exact device(besides gsm), I already run a custom kernel on my vitria so If you guys look at my commits and modify them or fix them for the 882l source(maybe the 882l source is exactly the same though) you should be able to get a custom kernel on the G740 although I don't work on it that much anymore.

https://github.com/KainXS/android_kernel_huawei_y301a2

this also explains why people are pming me telling me the oc kernel source boots on the G526 and G716, that post explains alot, thanks desmarcado.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmarcado

Hilith

Dec 26, 2013
Hi, I'm running stock 4.1.2 on my G740 and recently rooted my device.

I'm trying to remove bloatware using Titanium Backup and I keep getting a message saying "apk not found".

Didn't find anything useful online I've already tried the basic stuff like reseting, checking my superuser and uninstalling/installing Titanium.

Is there a fix for this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks ;)

Edit: Nevermind, apparently some apps listed as system apps on Titanium weren't really in system which caused the uninstall error. I just removed them with a normal uninstall.

Btw is there a custom rom available or in the works?

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
No and no:). It's a niche device,not that interesting for the devs. Maybe if we put up a bounty or something,a dev might be interested.

Sent from my LG G2 D802/smart phones,dumb people.

daria02

Nov 7, 2008
Bucharest

I'm trying to remove bloatware using Titanium Backup and I keep getting a message saying "apk not found".

Hi Hilith,
If you're running a rooted stock G740 can you make a nandroid backup for
people with orange yumo? and upload the archive somewhere?
We really appreciate this.
I tried another backup but it gave me some errors.

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
hi all. i have one question about that device..
is there any kernel source and device tree source about that device?
thank you

fbm95

Feb 20, 2014
Iasi
problem

I have a problem. I renamed the lib folder to liba in order to have a backup , and then i wanted to copy a lib folder called libb with modified libraries.
After i renamed the lib folder to liba everything stopped so i restarted my phone and now it only boots into recovery mode. I need help to find a way to rename the liba folder back to lib but from windows. Is there any way ?
Thank you.
by the way, i have a huawei ascend g740 aka orange yomo

desmarcado

Oct 31, 2011
Valencia
I have a problem. I renamed the lib folder to liba in order to have a backup , and then i wanted to copy a lib folder called libb with modified libraries.
After i renamed the lib folder to liba everything stopped so i restarted my phone and now it only boots into recovery mode. I need help to find a way to rename the liba folder back to lib but from windows. Is there any way ?
Thank you.
by the way, i have a huawei ascend g740 aka orange yomo

Hi, I've read about it and I find a program called Huawei Advanced Tool. For the things I've read it could solve your problem,
but after download, it doesn't run in win7.
Try it in win XP and good luck!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel Open Source

Hello everybody:

His answer was this:

Thanks & Regards

I hope that will serve.
    Thank you for the firmware KainXSS, i will give a try in this form, if will brick, thats it, but i really want how works.

Edited...tried to flash over B135, french firmware, didnt worked.

saw that coming -_-

I'm about to go on vacation(over weekend) but before I go I will upload some stuff,
    http://d-h.st/gG7
    http://d-h.st/44E
    http://d-h.st/LQz

Hi Hilith,
    If you're running a rooted stock G740 can you make a nandroid backup for
    people with orange yumo? and upload the archive somewhere?
    We really appreciate this.
    I tried another backup but it gave me some errors.
    Hi! just for everyone's information:
    1. "Orange Yumo" is the codename for the Huawei G740, just like all android devices have a codename. I know it sounds ambiguous, but this one has NOTHING to do with the Orange telecom operator. Likewise, my son's Sony Xperia S is codenamed "nozomi" and my old Acer A500 tablet is codenamed "picasso". That's just the way it (oddly) is.
    2. Regarding stock ROMs, since nothing is available directly from Huawei, I took one from (would you believe it?) an iran-based website!! Unfortunately, I had to pay for it, but that allowed me to fully reinit my G740 after having tampered with it. Here's the URL: http://www.huawei-file.com/index.php?dir=/G_series/G740-L00
    3. Please note, although it states "Emotion 1.6", the so-called "EmotionUI 1.6 B176" ROM only has Emotion 1.5, not 1.6.
    This being said, enjoy.
    - Gynoid