Thanks Meter 966
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
ok after testing with all recovery here are the instruction to follow to boot up fine
WARNING:Apart from it the installation it overwrite the recovery to stock on its own while flashing with philz , so u need to flash custom recovery again via fastboot or flashify.
- factory data reset
- wipe cache
- adavanced-wipe dalvik cache
- select zip to install-MIUI4.5.30
- it wont show any progress bar and at the end give you status 7 error just ignore and Reboot
If in case you get a android logo with red mark while booting to recovery just press vol up,down power at the same time and it will load u stock recovery so don't worry just re install custom recovery.
- go to wipe
- advanced wipe
- select cache,data,dalvik,system
- go to mount uncheck-system mount (most important step)
- selct zip to flash
- error shown Failed
- just reboot!Done
- well I tried best way possible but could not boot up if someone can try to just check that after wipe if system is mounted as forgot to check that so maybe it will boot up on internal if not it gets stuck on google logo and boot back to recovery, and trying it on external fails completely saying No OS installed.
edited: TWRP multirom works too as reported by @Pretoriano80
just be sure to unmount system in mount option after wipe.
after first successful boot flash bank gapps minimal and super su for easy permission granting though permission can be managed from internal security app but I prefer supersu.
Enjoy the latest MIUI on your Nexus5