Hi there mates, Id like to ask You an advice. Im going to buy a new phone today and I was all in samsungs hype and wanted Galaxy S4 as the price went down since S5 is out. Than I started to read XDA S4 threads and discover this crapy Knox thing. As rooting my device is main priority for me, so I can use my device for a specific tasks only rooted apps provide and want to be able to modify the ROMs, with Knox S4 seems to be very limited for this. I really dont care about voiding warranty, but Knox seems to be causeing a lot of faults anyway and will be improved in next android updates with Knox 2.0. So S4 is no go for me. Than I started looking for other brands and ended up with LG G2. The price is to the cent Same as S4. Hardware seems to me bit better. I really like display of G2 and the overall look, compare to cheap plastics used with S4. Also like buttons on the Back. I tried to read a lot and watched some vids of G2 on youtube, but still have few uestions.
1. Im for 32 Gb G2, haveing no slot for aditional memory Id like to know if G2 can do USB OTG, and if so can I also use classic big PC HDD?
2. Can i get rid of navbar? as Im useing IMD Gestures I Dont want navbar to take display space.
3. Rooting G2 seems to be not difficult and problematic with android 4.2.2 on it, the version i want to buy is 4.2.2.
Is that right?
4. As I love my music and have Senheiser ears, Id like to know how It sounds?
5. As comming from samsungs android and seen others and also seen lg one, I really do love its look and clearnes and easy handling. Lgs android seems to have very childish/amateurish look and messy to orient myself in it. Question is are there ROMs or MODs that can change the look and feel a bit closer to samsungs android?
6. Battery seems to be all for G2 am I right? Whatabout gaming, heard it takes a lot of battery?
7. Whatabout the display, any disadvantages?
8. How solid is it Made, can it be easily broken?
9. Anything Else I soud know? Reasons why to buy or look for any other device?
10. Whatabout updating and rooting on Kitkat?
Thanks in advance to all, for help.
Last edited by 0bu; 8th June 2014 at 01:57 AM.