For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.
Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4).
Current version: 4.0.0p1
Current Items not working/Buggy
- home key sometimes doesn't turn device on need to use power button-
- Battery draw getting around 65mA in sleep
- Wifi tether breaks WIFI. If you turn it on just reboot and wifi will be back
- Cell service speeds getting 1.5 down and .7 up test build 8-10 getting 6 down and 2 up in my area
- Cell service is pause once and a while and will reconnect Known issue. So far solved in 8-10
- Cell service cuts out completely this is very rare but it did happen once and after reset hasn't done again. On a clean install after booting up completely do a reboot and seems to eliminate for now. So far solvednin 8-10
You tell me what you find.
If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.
If you don't have a SIM card or setup with ATT then you can use the regular Touchpad Rom wifi model as the battery life will be better.
ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.02.zip ->Inital Build
ev_tenderloin4g-testing-2014.06.25.zip see updated issues above
test build 8-10
--This is a flashing TWRP recovery with data/media and SELINUX support. I have tested 100% of the features and everything is working great as far as i can tell. Soo
with that being said. Use at your own risk 8). Make sure you save a backup from your current recovery just in case. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
--reboot in recovery seems to be working 100% of the time. I have tried about 20 times without an issue.
Netflix 1.8.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.
NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.
Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors
I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
i would like to thank Flemmard, Jcsullins, Dorregaray, Invisiblek, Milaq, NewbyJE, and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
Mitchbaria --for a 4g model to start in on this
Colchiro-- For a spare Touchpad WIFI to be able to test on one and develop at the same time