I am sure you will soon begin seeing some Custom ROM's based on today's GPE 5.0 release. In the meantime here is a method to start enjoying 100% Stock GPE 5.0 now!
Extract the I9505G_UDNL3_GPE_5.0_for_M919.tar
and flash in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+
1. This is a pre-rooted "All-in-One" Odin package which will update your System and Kernel to 100% stock GPE 5.0 and your Modem, Non-hlos, Recovery, and Bootloader to NK2.
2. The NK2 modem may not stick on the first attempt causing security settings to force close. If that happens flash the M919_NK2_Stock_Modem+Bootloader.tar.md5
until it sticks.
For blazing fast speed turn off animations from developer options and reboot.
Alternative TWRP Method:
1. Make certain that you are using the latest TWRP v188.8.131.52
2. Perform and Advanced Wipe and wipe "Dalvick Cache
", and "Cache
3. Flash the I9505GUEUCNF3_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM
4. Press "Home
" then flash the I9505G_XAR_UCNF3_to_UDNL3_Update.zip
but do not wipe prior to flashing!
5. Press "Home
" again and flash the BETA-SuperSU-v2.39.zip
6. Last, press "Home
" then press "Reboot
," reboot into "Download Mode
" and flash the M919_NK2_Stock_Modem+Bootloader.tar.md5
in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v.3.09+
1. 5.0 seems to be dependent on the 4.4.4 modem/non-hlos therefore as of 12/14 the above process will also update your modem/non-hlos + bootloader to NK2(4.4.4) in order to ensure a consistent user experience.
2. The NK2 modem may not stick on your first attempt when flashing the modem + bootloader file in Odin. Should that happen re-flash the file until it sticks.
[How-To] Update to Official GPE Android 5.0 UDNL3 (12-12-2014), ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4
ROM OS Version: