[XT1053] 4.4.3 OTA Update Zip

Search This thread

omias

Jan 3, 2012
Then don't use RSD Lite and use manual method instead. Manual method should bypass the carrier checks. Several others have done it so it can definitely be done.

Remember to manually flash gpt and motoboot, reboot to bootloader, then flash ALL the other items in the ZIP manually as per the Return to stock thread. If you want me to give you the commands, let me know.

Im not using RSD, Im using manual method: :mad:

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Im not using RSD, Im using manual method: :mad:

Right...then afterwards, the rest of the commands:

fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo

EDIT: HAVE YOU UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER?!?! You can't flash another carriers ROM without unlocking first or it won't pass the validations.

Last edited:
Reactions: omias

Neogx

Jan 25, 2014
san
Err i know this is a newbie question but when he says disable xposed does he mean to disable all the modules since i didnt see any disable option? I just wanna make sure lol thats what he meant before doing the update.

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
I followed the guide and successfully upgraded to 4.4.3. thanks a lot!

I then flashed the twrp recovery, and from the fastboot screen picked "Recovery", hit power, hoping to see the twrp recovery screen. However, the phone rebooted directly. I guess this way the phone still is using the stock recovery file. did i miss anything here?

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA

I then flashed the twrp recovery, and from the fastboot screen picked "Recovery", hit power, hoping to see the twrp recovery screen. However, the phone rebooted directly. I guess this way the phone still is using the stock recovery file. did i miss anything here?

mfastboot flash recovery twrp.img
mfastboot reboot-bootloader

then select recovery. Do you get into TWRP?

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

EDIT: HAVE YOU UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER?!?! You can't flash another carriers ROM without unlocking first or it won't pass the validations.
omias answered in Post 125 that bootloader is unlocked.

But yeah, this "I've flash other carrier's firmware, and I'm having troubles" is getting nuts.

cocchiararo

Sep 11, 2007
Escobar
Im trying to flash 4.4.2 Brazil gpt.bin and motoboot.img using your method and It doesnt work (same RSD gpt error) :silly:

Im just able to flash and downgrade to 4.4.2 Tmo version :rolleyes:
is 4.4.2 retail brazil maybe other bootloader version ????? :eek:

I have an ATT xt1058, with unlocked bootloader, and i had flashed DE retail, then BR retail, and finally Argentina's retail, all in 4.4.2

Then i flashed TMO's 4.4.2 to apply the OTA, and i had to do this to flash 4.4.2 from brazil:

fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot reboot bootloader (or whatever the command to reboot to bootloader is)

fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear

Then the OTA complained that the bootloader was not correct, so i once again performed:
(an maybe the motoboot one, don't remember), and OTA went through.

TMOs and BR roms are not to be flashed without wiping data, at least on my xt1058, or home button and notification drawer settings button stop working.
Since i had a nandroid of the AR rom wich is almost identical to the BR one, before all this, i restored it, since i had been just one day on the TMO rom and i had not configured everything yet.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I cant donwgrade 4.4.3 Tmo to 4.4.2 retail brasil (gpt error) then.... bootloop !!!!!

I solved it re-instaling same 4.4.2 tmo and Tmo OTA. I cant move to others 4.4.2 versions :(

I wlll wait the 4.4.3 full rom. :( I see an OTG bug on Tmo version
First, there is no "full" 4.4.3 rom leaked yet (i.e. no SBF), its the upgrade only. Next, the Brazil 4.4.3 OTA likely has the same OTG bug the T-Mo version has.

Now, getting you back on track... What @samwathegreat is giving is right and should work for the state your phone is in. Just a couple of tweaks I would suggest...

1. Always use the latest mFastboot (the moto version of fastboot), rather than fastboot, whenever fastboot commands are suggested. (put it in your AndroidSDK Platform tools folder). Even if you think you have the latest, download the one from HERE (I've seen too many think they have the latest mfastboot, but not, and it causes them issues. I've also seen issues where using fastboot instead of mFastboot didn't work properly.)
  2. Make sure your phone is at least 80% charged.
  3. In the future, never flash another carrier's full firmware on your phone. As you can see, it can be a major pain to recover from.

I'm jumping in late, but from the post I quoted above, you were trying to go from T-Mo 4.4.3 -> Brazil 4.4.2. I woldn't try that.

What is on your phone now? If it is still T-Mobile 4.4.3, try flashing back to T-Mobile 4.4.2. If you can do that properly, then use the Brazil 4.4.2 SBF,

Use the following commands when flashing... (these commands will wipe your phone clean of any apps and data you added)

mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

Yes, I understand it looks like I repeated a few lines in there. That is intentional. They are pretty much the same steps @samwathegreat has told you, however stated slightly differently, and using mfastboot for all the commands. I've added BOLD around a very important step that is sometimes missed!!!

If the mfastboot erase userdata line fails or give an error, just reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

no it directly reboots :(
which TWRP version are you using?

Try these...
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/motox/unlocked/twrp-2.6.3.1-ghost-4.4.img

http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoX/TWRP-2.7.0.0-moto_msm8960dt.img

Reactions: x2h

suntzu

Feb 15, 2007
Can anyone please attach the Email.apk and Exchange2.apk files here? Thanks!

Or even a flashable file from recovery?

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília

On fastboot, after you select Recovery you have to hit Volume Up, not Power. Problem solved.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

SevenFactors

Nov 20, 2013
Excellent! OTA upgrade went nice and smooth.

I hope this can be of help to others.

I've a Moto X Dev. Edition GSM [Right out of the MOTO X website] with root access.
I gained root by following these steps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50355161&postcount=1

On this phone I've installed:
Xposed
Android Tuner Pro
Gravity Box [KK]
Intelli3G
--All stock apps are installed--

Yesterday the phone made me aware an OTA update being available & ready. Visited this site and ran into this thread. Thanks xd1936 for providing us with the 4.4.2 stock recovery.img file

Updating
1.) I disabled all xposed modules & then uninstalled xposed.
2.) [On my computer] I ran SDK Manager & brought everything up to date.
3.) [On my computer] re-placed mfastboot.exe & the recovery.img under ...\sdk\platform-tools
4.) Booted into bootloader mode & connected the phone.
5.) [On my computer] Replaced the TWRP bootloader with the stock 4.4.2 bootloader found at the top of this thread.

then to reboot back to the bootloader mode
fastboot reboot-bootloader

6.) now from the bootloader I booted normally.
7.) Once the phone started I went ahead I applied the OTA directly.

The phone downloaded, rebooted, installed, booted, optimized the apps successfully. Now I am on Android 4.4.3 :D

-- I didn't lose any information, the phone was not reset.
-- I still have root access.
-- Xposed, etc all are working fine.

I found this method to be simpler. At the same time I am glad that it worked just fine. Now I'm pondering on if I should reinstall the TWRP recovery. After all, my system back was done with it.... to do or not to do. hmmm

Android 4.4.3
I very much dislike the new dialer app. During a call I have no access to my call history logs. The dial pad is fully white [what was wrong with the dark one?] I very much prefer the 4.4.2 dialer. Still no built in option to block numbers.

Last edited:

SevenFactors

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks that's very helpful. Or you could directly flash with the update file in the OP.

Having a system backup & these files made available by the OP is why I allowed myself to take the adventurer route. I wanted to know if a true OTA update would still work. I am very glad that it did. :p

Bionic22

Jun 17, 2013
Once you flashed stock recovery, are you SUPPOSED to see an Android with a red exclamation mark when you access recovery again (BEFORE installing TWRP again)???

Last edited:

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Once you flashed stock recovery, are you SUPPOSED to see an Android with a red exclamation mark when you access recovery again (BEFORE installing TWRP again)???

Yes, holding power and volume up for about ten seconds gets you into stock recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Having a system backup & these files made available by the OP is why I allowed myself to take the adventurer route. I wanted to know if a true OTA update would still work. I am very glad that it did. :p

I was thinking of doing that too but didn't have the courage. Now we know. Thanks again.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
How is your battery life? I also have a xt1053 developer edition, after updating now my phone only lasts about 8 hours (and I even have less apps than before).

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below is the stock 4.4.3 update for the T-Mobile/Unlocked GSM Moto X, extracted from an unlocked XT1053.

Download Link [Box.com]

Download Link [Google Drive]

Code:
    [B]MD5:[/B] 0c562266b106d07234257fc31f9f3296

[B]Kernel:[/B]
    3.4.42-g2aa9ea5
    hudsoncm@ilclbld33 #1
    Sat May 17 01:08:42 CDT 2014

[B]System Version:[/B] 212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.us

[B]Build Number:[/B] KXA21.12-L1.21

Reminders:
    • You need stock recovery for this
      Code:
      [B]MD5:[/B] aa31e067d7c7cd858490cba00689a742
    • Root should carry over without issue
    • Disable Xposed
    • You need to have all of the original bloat (stock 4.4.2 ROM)

Enjoy!
    Excellent! OTA upgrade went nice and smooth.

I hope this can be of help to others.

I've a Moto X Dev. Edition GSM [Right out of the MOTO X website] with root access.
    I gained root by following these steps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50355161&postcount=1

On this phone I've installed:
    Xposed
    Android Tuner Pro
    Gravity Box [KK]
    Intelli3G
    --All stock apps are installed--

Yesterday the phone made me aware an OTA update being available & ready. Visited this site and ran into this thread. Thanks xd1936 for providing us with the 4.4.2 stock recovery.img file

Updating
    1.) I disabled all xposed modules & then uninstalled xposed.
    2.) [On my computer] I ran SDK Manager & brought everything up to date.
    3.) [On my computer] re-placed mfastboot.exe & the recovery.img under ...\sdk\platform-tools
    4.) Booted into bootloader mode & connected the phone.
    5.) [On my computer] Replaced the TWRP bootloader with the stock 4.4.2 bootloader found at the top of this thread.

then to reboot back to the bootloader mode
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

6.) now from the bootloader I booted normally.
    7.) Once the phone started I went ahead I applied the OTA directly.

The phone downloaded, rebooted, installed, booted, optimized the apps successfully. Now I am on Android 4.4.3 :D

-- I didn't lose any information, the phone was not reset.
    -- I still have root access.
    -- Xposed, etc all are working fine.

I found this method to be simpler. At the same time I am glad that it worked just fine. Now I'm pondering on if I should reinstall the TWRP recovery. After all, my system back was done with it.... to do or not to do. hmmm

Android 4.4.3
    I very much dislike the new dialer app. During a call I have no access to my call history logs. The dial pad is fully white [what was wrong with the dark one?] I very much prefer the 4.4.2 dialer. Still no built in option to block numbers.
    I need a tutorial plus :(

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Download the update from my OP on your phone. Reboot your phone. Hold down [volume down] and press power and you will get to the bootloader screen. Press [volume down] until you have "Recovery" highlighted, and hit [volume up] to select it. You'll get the Android dude with the exclamation point. Hold [volume up] and tap [power] to show a few options. Go down to "Install Update via SD Card" (or something similar) and press [power] to select. Find the update zip you downloaded and select it with [power]. Wait, and reboot.

This is all assuming you have an XT1053 and are stock 4.4.2.
    then I got the android lying on the ground..
    When you boot to recovery? You mean you get the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)? That is normal.

Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key. That should put you in Recovery stock recovery.
    hey... someone try on XT1058 model?
    yes, i´m a brazilian
    no, i´m not a HUE.
    Tx:cyclops: