Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Which model is the most op…
Find Your Device:
11th June 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGneissGuy

I recently became the proud new owner of a SM-900A NC2 note 3. I had a galaxy mega that broke, and my insurance plan replaced it with the note 3. I was actually excited at first. I had been somewhat regretting my choice and wishing I had gone with the note 3 to begin with. But then I discovered that there is no root option for the NC2 update. Nothing. The same was true of my galaxy mega for a long time (SGH-I527). With both of these devices, I noticed that some models were easily rooted/modded, and others (mine) took ages to get a functioning root.

My plan is to be an early adopter of the Note 4 when it's released in September. I don't want to be caught in the same situation where I own one of the models that is very difficult to hack. I want to buy the most open model that can be used on the AT&T network with LTE (Samsung seems keen to release developer editions for verizon, but not with LTE).

Right now, the most open model of the Note 3 seems to be N9005. I'm not going to outright buy a new note 3 that I plan on replacing in 3 months. But when that time comes, are there some rules of thumb that I should know about to choose the most open model? From my limited experience, I've learned that buying through AT&T is a recipe for slavery. But, there are many non-AT&T options.

So, what's the best choice? an International model? A different LTE carrier's model unlocked? Or, is it too early to tell?

Thanks for the help,
Michael

snapdragon international unlock version.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.