Or Continue to Thread: [MOD][TW KK][Guide][How To]Ani…
Find Your Device:
13th June 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,807

873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dev/Themer Instructions
THEMER INSTRUCTIONS FOR CREATING YOUR OWN ANIMATIONS AND EDITING THE ABOVE FILES TO WORK WITH YOUR NEW ANIMATIONS.

Please remember to hit thanks if you like or use this mod.

This guide is assuming you have either performed the DEV MOD in the post above or you are on a rom that has.... AND..... you already have the custom images you would like to use for your animation. If you do not, I recommend reading the guide created by @erikalin on how to create your own images

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalin

If you ever want to learn, the tutorial I made up on another device thread shows the process. I made a video tutorial too - me talking and walking through the process of grabbing a video and turning it into an animation. FWIW, just sharing the love. Link is: written tutorial or video tutorial. Just replace with your own image sizes and file names, same process.

As stated above, the process is the same.

You could also search GOOGLE or XDA FORUMS for how to create frame by frame png animations... WARNING!!! It can be time consuming.

Quote:

NOTE:Read POST #4 to learn how to create a flashable zip for other users of your, and all other roms based on your phone carriers android version that have the mod above, to use.

Ok, so if you want to use a different animation than what i have inside the mod, you will have to edit the xml inside of Systemui.apk.

Quote:

Step 1 - Decompile the SystemUI.apk that already has the mod described in POST #2

Step 2 - Navigate to the res/drawable folder and open pulldown.xml

Step 3 - Count HOW MANY images are in your animation

Step 4 - Add or remove these lines

Quote:

<item android:duration="100" android:drawable="@drawable/pulldown_animXXXX" />

in that xml file you just opened to match the amount of images in your animation (see the next step to see what to name the images)
(THIS FILE ONLY CONTAINS THIS SPECIFIC MOD... DO NOT WORRY ABOUT BREAKING ANYTHING ELSE IF YOU MESS UP...OTHER THAN THE SYSTEMUI FORCE CLOSING WHEN REBOOTING....THIS IS WHERE THE BACKUP COMES IN HANDY.... JUST FOLLOW THE NEXT STEP AND YOU WILL BE OK) (USE THAT FILE AS A TEMPLATE FOR HOW YOURS SHOULD LOOK ONCE FINISHED) (REMEMBER TO HIT SAVE ONCE YOU ARE DONE EDITING THIS XML FILE.)

Step 5 - Rename your images to "pulldown_animXXXX.png" ... replacing the "XXX" with numbers starting at 0 ---> so if you have 10 images, you will start with pulldown_anim0 and end with pulldown_anim9

Step 6 - Move those newly named images to the res/drawable-xhdpi folder

Step 7 - Recompile the app and name it something else other than SystemUI.apk

Step 8 - Open BOTH the original SystemUI.apk and the new apk you just created with 7-zip

Step 9 - Drag the "resources.arsc" file, "classes.dex" file and the entire "res" folder from the NEW apk INTO THE ORIGINAL SYSTEMUI.APK

Step 10 - Push the MODIFIED systemui.apk (NOT THE NEW ONE YOU JUST CREATED) into the priv/app folder on you phone with a root explorer and reboot..... or remove the systemui from my zip above and replace with yours and flash.....

Step 11 - ENJOY!!!

Last edited by the_original_teknikl; 16th June 2014 at 02:38 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to the_original_teknikl For This Useful Post: [ View ]