OP Junior Member
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
This is my first time posting here so hello to everyone!
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 after having iPhones for years and I haven't stopped using it since. I was looking into boot animations and I saw all the BIOS boot animations but realized that no one had created one for the Galaxy S5 yet. Because of that I made one myself specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S5 meaning that all the files are in the QMG format and not the typical bootanimation.zip style. Attached to this post are two zip archives containing the animation file. Both attachments are the same animation but one runs at 18FPS while the other runs at 22FPS. This way in-case your phone boots slower or faster than mine there will be time to completely finish the animation.
I also have it rendered at all different framerates from 5 to 60 so if you need it somewhere else let me know.
Let me know what you think as I plan on making a more unique animation in the future!
How to Install (Device Must be Rooted):
1.Download bootsamsung.qmg file to device
2. Go to system/media
3. Rename the existing bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsungOld.qmg or something else (do not delete)
4. Rename bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsungloopOld.qmg or something else (carrier animation, can delete if do not want)
5. Place the bootsamsung.qmg file you downloaded into here
6. Change the permissions of the bootsamsung.qmg file to: Owner: read,write Group: read Others: read
7. Reboot your phone and see if it works!
Since I am a new user I can't put images or a video preview here due to them being external links.
Below in attachments along with the animation files there will also be another zip archive containing a GIF preview and two pictures.
Also in the attached files you will find bootanimation.zip which is the animation files for phones that dont use the Samsung .QMG file format. Note that it is still at 1080x1920 in terms of resolution and will play at 18FPS until you modify the desc.txt
Last edited by PDrizzly; 2nd July 2014 at 02:12 AM.