I flashed my stock ROM for the first time. I thought i would write a bit about the process and my impression of the ROM.
This is what I did:
- Download the ROM zip and place on the SD card.
- Download the corresponding gapps and place on SD card
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your phone are up to date
- Root the Phone. You will find the *.bat file that i used for rooting Atrix 2 in the forum itself.
- Install BMM. I read on a lot of places that BMM is dead but it was recommended by my ROM's web page so i stuck with it.
- Boot into BMM's recovery console.
- Select System 1 (or system 3-6 in case you want to multi boot)
- Take Fast/Full Backup
- Take backup of CID
- you still want to ahead? this is the point of no return.
- wipe stuff. the console has a section dedicated to wiping various type of data
- format /system, format /cache, format /data
- Flash the ROM zip
- When Flashing is done, BMM will auto install BMM on the same partition. if that is not done, manually install BMM on system 1 using System Keeper
- Flash the gapps zip
- Reboot and enjoy.
My impression of the whole process is that it is rather silly. it is needlessly intimidating. most of it can be easily automated. Hopefully we will get better software over time which will make the process painless.
My Impressions of Mokee:
- Much faster than stock
tons of options that i am yet to explore
very stable, no crashes at all
Looks and feels like AOSP which i like
- Battery drain. My battery got drained in 6-7 hours. I am still investigating this.
Huge icons. So far haven't found how to make them smaller. More irritating that a critical issues though.