[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

Search This thread
I

irimolsjik572

I tried 0624 and 0625 but the ui was sluggish compared to mid-june releases. The headup notification is also a neat new feature and maps can get a location lock from WiFi address but the overall sluggishness of the ROM led me restore my old backup.
Same here. Reverted back to 10.2.1 stable.

metropolitans

Jan 11, 2012
I just put the 6/28 nightlies on both my HD+ and HD, and I'm thrilled that Google maps finally works normally to pinpoint your current location. For the last few months at least, that feature did not work on either of my devices. They must have fixed it in the recent nightlies.

Regarding sluggishness that some have mentioned, I've never had any notable problems with this on either of my devices since I started using CM11 nightlies this past January -- and that includes the 6/28 nightlies.

Reactions: snoozer854

ejstubbs

Jul 6, 2011
Edinburgh
Good to hear that location services are now working properly. Very tempted to try this when the next milestone release comes out. Is there any way to know when that is likely to be?

ajislav

Apr 1, 2011
Should be within a week or so... They usually branch just before the month ends and have a week or so to iron out any issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ejstubbs

procter

Sep 16, 2007
I'm kinda disappointed at the new snapshot M6. Been using M4 and it's been stable enough for me, CM automatically upgraded me to M6 and it started to freeze, all sorts of app errors. Had to wipe clean and reinstall, and again, a lot of force closes.

Do you guys have a recommendation on the nightly version? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Should be within a week or so... They usually branch just before the month ends and have a week or so to iron out any issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Really? I don't even see any milestone version posted previously on the CM page. Were you referring to the "snapshot" version? The most recent snapshot ver was released last month and I doubt there would be an upgrade this soon.

ajislav

Apr 1, 2011
Really? I don't even see any milestone version posted previously on the CM page. Were you referring to the "snapshot" version? The most recent snapshot ver was released last month and I doubt there would be an upgrade this soon.

I was referring to the monthly Mx snapshots in general, not for our Nook HD.
Looking at the dates of posts announcing each build on http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog these are the dates
M7 June 8
M6 May 4
M5 April 5
M4 March 7
Hence I would expect something to come out this weekend..

Tight Git

Nov 4, 2012
@procter

I had exactly the same issues moving from M4 to M6 and reverted to M4. I've been using nightlies for a couple of weeks now without any issues. I updated to the 29/06 version as the location is working and again I've had no problems at all with it.

HTH

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

metropolitans

Jan 11, 2012
FYI, there is a hidden feature in KitKat -- Heads Up Notifications -- which has been enabled in CM11 nightlies since 6/19. If you want to see what it's about, read here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...n-aosp-enables-them-in-latest-cm11-nightlies/

I've just enabled it in the 7/1 nightly. You have to enable it as it's turned off by default.

Google maps - locations services still working in 7/1 :)

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Question for those with a HD+ and CM11 ... is there a setting or other way to adjust the screen touch sensitivity? When my HD+ is charging, the touch sensitivity goes haywire, with apps and functions starting on their own and touch accuracy way off. This only happens when plugged in and charging. This was the case with stock, but I vaguely remember it having been fixed somewhat in earlier CM11 nightlies. Is my recollection wrong?

At any rate, am I missing some setting in CM11 which could make this less of a problem? Is there an add-on or utility which could fix this?

Reactions: polymath257

PMikeP

Jul 12, 2013
Question for those with a HD+ and CM11 ... is there a setting or other way to adjust the screen touch sensitivity? When my HD+ is charging, the touch sensitivity goes haywire, with apps and functions starting on their own and touch accuracy way off. This only happens when plugged in and charging. This was the case with stock, but I vaguely remember it having been fixed somewhat in earlier CM11 nightlies. Is my recollection wrong?

At any rate, am I missing some setting in CM11 which could make this less of a problem? Is there an add-on or utility which could fix this?

While my screen is a little sensitive, in that it will sometimes jump to a new web page with my thumb hovering over a link, it's never acted like yours. Even with stock OS.

My guess, as an electrical engineer, is that your power supply is noisy. (Bad filter capacitor.) Can you try another power supply? Is the screen squirrely when powered via your computer's USB?

If it's still haywire with a different supply, I'd send it in for warranty repair.

Reactions: metropolitans

LucaToo

Feb 15, 2013
LAG

I tried 0624 and 0625 but the ui was sluggish compared to mid-june releases. The headup notification is also a neat new feature and maps can get a location lock from WiFi address but the overall sluggishness of the ROM led me restore my old backup.

Have tried 27/06 and 01/07 and both (very) sluggish in comparison to 21/06. May be related to wi-fi and/or location as lag is particluarly noticable on any app that has to link to that interwebby thing.

Addition of location on maps and weather not worth the lag.

Reverting to 21/06 as we speak.

w1ll1m

Jul 15, 2010
A friend of mine flashed cm11 over cm10.2 without following the guide. It's not booting. Is there any way to fix this without losing all of his stuff? he hasnt backed anything up.

Any help is appreciated

thank you

DigiPimp75

Feb 23, 2014
I installed the SD version of this install on a hd plus i bought my mother and it runs but is slightly sluggish and im getting the problem with the wifi disconnecting and not reconnecting when its deep sleeping. would you guys say this emmc install runs any faster or better than the sd install or are there any advantages to it?

also im slightly confused by the excess of links in the first post as to what exactly i would need to initially download to start on this install if i do attempt it. thanks in advance.

excalibar001

Mar 24, 2011
I installed the SD version of this install on a hd plus i bought my mother and it runs but is slightly sluggish and im getting the problem with the wifi disconnecting and not reconnecting when its deep sleeping. would you guys say this emmc install runs any faster or better than the sd install or are there any advantages to it?

also im slightly confused by the excess of links in the first post as to what exactly i would need to initially download to start on this install if i do attempt it. thanks in advance.
The speed would certainly depend on the sdcard you are using, nevertheless an emmc install would always be faster than SD. Keep in mind the nook is not a speed demon and it will always feel a bit slow. However, there are no problems with the current 0704 nightly and everything runs fine.

Make a bootable sd, copy the nightly and latest 4.4.4 gapps (optionally cwm or twrp recovery) to SD card

Boot through it and install the zip files.

That's it AFAIK.

DigiPimp75

Feb 23, 2014
The speed would certainly depend on the sdcard you are using, nevertheless an emmc install would always be faster than SD. Keep in mind the nook is not a speed demon and it will always feel a bit slow. However, there are no problems with the current 0704 nightly and everything runs fine.

Make a bootable sd, copy the nightly and latest 4.4.4 gapps (optionally cwm or twrp recovery) to SD card

Boot through it and install the zip files.

That's it AFAIK.

yeah i figured running off the internal memory would be an improvement but there are multiple links to files in the first post that i wasnt sure if i needed all of them or what. i dont want to screw her machine up for her so who knows.

Top Liked Posts