Hello, I believe my kid had rebooted my tablet during an OTA update. I've been diligently reading page after page of posts trying everything possible to reflash this.
What I know:
- a500 16GB / win8 server / debian VBox
- a500 was rooted prior to OTA update
- can enter apx ( blk screen, wht power) and recovery mode (loads update.zip)
- I can get most recovery update.zip's to start, but so far, all have failed.
- A500 manager detects a500 in APX mode but states i need to install drivers. (repeated this many times)
- nvflash does not communicate (i'm thinking due to the incompatible drivers)
- "fastboot.exe devices" returns nothing- SBK and CPUID
What I don't know:
- the last version of OS on the a500. Maybe HC?
- if the device retained USB debugging before it bricked
- whether or not I installed CWM or other needed programs (was almost 3 years with no issues)
I have tried any images i can locate; mostly in the forums here. I'm not positive if I can just load them from SD, in recovery boot ( if the files are correct format) or if I need prior steps. I have tried every zip making sure it's "update.zip" although the contents of each are not always the same.
Any ideas or perhaps "guide for idiots" would be greatly appreciated.
edit: so I have located the CPUID and managed to find a working SBK calculator. Now I'm having issues related to .NET 2.0 when running the nvflash utility? I'll attempt an XP vbox to see if it's now due to win8.
new edit: the drivers don't seem to work on Win 8 or 7. I tried installing an XP vbox but I am not able to activate, therefor install proper utilities for the nvflash program.
It seems I'm stuck, unable to work around the .NET 2.0 conflict and the driver installation.
Perhaps I'll start looking at linux alternatives and hope someone could provide some more of an updated approach.
Last edited by outcold84; 10th July 2014 at 01:02 AM.
Reason: Change title, add new info