[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2lte)

Search This thread

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008
Anybody else have problems with M8? I flashed first thing this morning and after a couple of hours noticed very high battery drain. Went to look at usage and "settings" crashed every time I tried to get in. Rebooted: same problem, reflashed M8: same problem. Went back to 7/7 nightly and all is well again...

lordsith2k4

Mar 3, 2011
What modem are you using with M8?
I'm using the ML1 modem with no issues so far.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Anybody else have problems with M8? I flashed first thing this morning and after a couple of hours noticed very high battery drain. Went to look at usage and "settings" crashed every time I tried to get in. Rebooted: same problem, reflashed M8: same problem. Went back to 7/7 nightly and all is well again...
I don't have any crashes going into settings on M8. I'm not sure about the battery drain though, I'll see how it is on my phone tonight.

spscoral

Feb 15, 2008
I'm using the ML1 modem with no issues so far.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I don't have any crashes going into settings on M8. I'm not sure about the battery drain though, I'll see how it is on my phone tonight.

Maybe it was just a fluke then. I may try to flash M8 again now that it seems ok on 7/7. Weird.

Cye3s

Jan 15, 2011
dirty flash M8 on M7, theme can not load after reboot(back to default look and feel),but in theme chooser, still last selected theme in use
anybody else have this problems?

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9

An easy fix for the settings crash is to just clear data on the settings app by going to the app drawer and long pressing on Settings and dragging it up to App Info, then tap clear data button. There's an explanation of this problem here http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m8-released

Last edited:
Reactions: Piist and spscoral

funkymonk101

Dec 7, 2010
NYC
Despite my suggestion about ML1 last week, I myself had a navigation reboot today after a few half-hour usages. So I guess that's not athe real fix, if there even is one.

One difference is that I recently started putting it in the compass mode where the map swivels as you turn. I wonder if that's why I had the reboot for the first time.

Do you guys notice a relation between swivel mode and reboots?

I have not changed my swivel mode from the default setting ("over the shoulder" 3rd person view)

Flashing the ML1 modem has MOSTLY mitigated my Navigation reboots. It still happens occasionally, although significantly less often than previously, and almost never if I reboot the phone immediately prior to starting navigation.

dtcousineau

Nov 14, 2012
Modem for M8

Anybody know what the best modem is for the M8 snapshot?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Same problem here.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

An easy fix for the settings crash is to just clear data on the settings app by going to the app drawer and long pressing on Settings and dragging it up to App Info, then tap clear data button. There's an explanation of this problem here http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m8-released

Perfect. Thank you.

Reactions: razorloves
N

Nardholio

For those of you flashing M8 over nightlies, stop it. Why would you go back in time and flash an older build if yours currently works?

Reactions: bmeek and mastamoon

ChiefIlliniwek5

Dec 21, 2011
For those of you flashing M8 over nightlies, stop it. Why would you go back in time and flash an older build if yours currently works?

I'm running the July 4th nightly and I have TREMENDOUS battery life (as I posted previously, I was having massive battery drain and wakelock issues which I was able to fix) so I have no intention on flashing the M8. HOWEVER, I have heard a lot of people say that the M8 is by far the most stable 4.4.4 ROM available so I can understand why some people would want to flash back from a more recent nightly.

har02052

Feb 12, 2011
I just installed M8. I was previously running M7 and had installed the separate HeadsUp app. Now that I have M8 though, I uninstalled the app and turned on the setting for Heads Up notifications but it doesn't seem to be working. There is no notification pop up at all.

Edit: Nevermind. It does work. just not in the same way as the app did. It pops up for only about 5 seconds on the screen and then goes away. The app would stay there until you swiped it away. I just hadn't seen the pop up because I wasn't actively on my phone. By the time I turned on my phone, it had already gone away.

Last edited:

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
Has anyone tried flashing this (or another verizon s3 build) on a galaxy tab 2 (SCH-i705)? They supposedly have almost identical hardware specs, and some ROMs apparently will run on the tab 2, albeit with some resolution problems.

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
I know it's not officially supported, but
FWIW, the current nightlies dating back to 07/03 or so have issues running ART, but the M8 build is OK with it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

npro1464

Apr 15, 2011
I just flashed M8. I'm coming from CleanROM 8.1 (TW). Everything looks find so far, except for GPS. GPS doesn't lock at all. Is there anything I can do, short of wiping and reflashing? I flashed the 6/6/14 GAPPS; should I flash the 1/5/14 GAPPS instead? Thanks!!

Edit- I'm on ML1.

Edit 2- Figured it out!! I pressed the compassy/gps icon at the bottom right hand side when you first open Maps. Then it prompted me with "In a previous version of Android, you turned off Google location services. Would you like to turn them on?" I clicked ok, and problem solved, for now.

Looks like it was just one of those goofy things that I was blaming on the ROM. Sorry for the pointless post!

Last edited:
Reactions: wctaylor79

Boss428man

Mar 13, 2008
Boston
Hi, I have an unlock Galaxy S3 running old 4.1.2. It has been stable and very reliable. I have been excited to to see Cyanogen 11 has a following. I've do a fair amount of reading and wanted to ask folks that are actually using Cyanogen for there S3 about there experience.

Is it reliable for a daily driver. I us wifi tethering, maps and emails / web, Bluetooth regularly. I just want to make sure everything working?

How often do you flash nightly's? Is this an ongoing daily thing for normal use?

Any advice you might have for a first time user?

I appreciate your time and expertise, thanks in advanced!

rhcreed

Feb 14, 2012
Staatsburg
Hi, I have an unlock Galaxy S3 running old 4.1.2. It has been stable and very reliable. I have been excited to to see Cyanogen 11 has a following. I've do a fair amount of reading and wanted to ask folks that are actually using Cyanogen for there S3 about there experience.

Is it reliable for a daily driver. I us wifi tethering, maps and emails / web, Bluetooth regularly. I just want to make sure everything working?

How often do you flash nightly's? Is this an ongoing daily thing for normal use?

Any advice you might have for a first time user?

I appreciate your time and expertise, thanks in advanced!

I've been sticking with the stable M builds lately, and aside from battery life, these builds are rock solid. I don't have any real stability issues at all..

buschbarber

Apr 22, 2010
Rochester
I have an i535 S3. Been using CM 10 thru CM 11. I update nightly. Once in a while you get a bad one so you need to keep the last good one, just in case. Sometime the nightlies switch to a newer version. Keep an eye on the changelog.

Boss428man

Mar 13, 2008
Boston
From my last 4.1.2 OTA mf1 unlocked rom I had installed TWRP. I noticed Clockwork mod is supported by cyanogen. Should I switch to clockwork and or does it matter?

ChiefIlliniwek5

Dec 21, 2011
I don't know if it's a fluke or not but I'm seeing ridiculously good battery life on the 7/12 nightly - better than I've seen since I can remember.

I was experiencing similar battery life on the 7/4 nightly for about a week. Then all of a sudden I started to have massive battery drain from wakelocks. I did a factory wipe and flashed the 7/12 nightly with the latest PAgapps and I'm back to having tremendous battery life with no wake lock issues.

Reactions: bobzrag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q&A Thread

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (see here)
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    any idea when the front facing camera issue for apps like snapchat will be fixed?

This works fine for me other than it being a bit janky. It keeps freezing for a second every couple seconds, but never crashes or anything. Always seems to take a picture too.

Considering this isn't happening on other camera apps (stock, focal, camera mx) I'm inclined to blame snapchat's app for the jank.

On another note, good news in the future for those of you bluetooth users out there. Bluetooth has long been a royal PITA on d2 and I think we've got it nailed down. Code is on gerrit, so you should hopefully see it trickle into the nightlies pretty soon.
    Thread cleaned...honor the wishes of the OP and provide log cats. Do not grumble if things do not get fixed...you are here to learn. XDA is not a support site, so, either try the stuff, learn how to fix it yourself and/or provide said logcats to help in getting things fixed, or get out.

Another thing, there are about a hundred ways to be nice to each other too...so some of the trash/disrespectful-tone posts have also been cleaned.

Get back to development in here, final warning.
    Suddenly..a wild baseband appears! http://www.invisiblek.org/firmware/d2/d2vzw_NE1_modem.zip (flash in your favorite recovery)

RIL works with the latest baseband (NE1, above) as of the 20140910 nightly (correct, as of this post that build is not yet available)

Manual fix to use NE1 baseband on older than 20140910 builds:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb wait-for-device remount
    adb shell ln -s /firmware-mdm/image/modem.b05 /system/etc/firmware/modem.b05
    adb reboot