[ROM] Official Huawei Mediapad X1 B007 KitKat 4.4.2 EMUI 2.3 Firmware 501U & 503L
Been following the Chinese forums and using google translate to read them....B007 firmware KitKat 4.4.2 with EMUI 2.3 has just been released today, July 10th, 2014. Link and instructions are listed below.
~~Caution: Update will wipe out user data, backup all data & apps before updating~~
~~Note: If you don't like B007 new 400dpi size, you can downgrade back to B006 by following the same directions with the B006 ROM file
1 The upgrade package for the card brush (external SD card or X1 itself storage are possible);
2 Upgrade lose data (such as text messages, contacts, installed applications APK , etc.), data backup before the upgrade is strongly recommended , data can be backed up through the "cloud applications" in the "backup" software.
3 first upgrade process, please try not to touch the screen , the new version will be a touch screen calibration, if there is abnormal, then the screen will automatically repair if hand contact will affect the accuracy of the calibration or not calibrated .
The main new features :
1 new magazine lock screen (not support online update)
2 new super power saving mode
3 new online font
4 new Bluetooth MAP
5 new camera watermark function
The main system optimization :
1.An optimization of available memory, increasing 200M
2.under a variety of scenarios to optimize the photographic effect
3.optimize font display, micro-channel applications such as larger font
4.optimize ease of e-mail
5 touch screen experience optimized to increase the repair function automatically detects
6 optimize WiFi firmware, more stable long-term use
7 fixes 3G call quality problem under weak signal
8 TD repair mobile network from 3G to 2G handover probability of failures
9 When the noise floor Bluetooth phone repair problems
~~Instructions (Google translated)
1.1 SD card directory structure upgrade package
to upgrade the SD card directory structure:
| - dload (directory)
| - update.app (SD card upgrade package, Required)
| - onfg.cfg ( Required)
| -. auto_upgrade cfg (file)
1.2 Upgrade Process
1) SD card before you upgrade, back up your user data.
2) When you upgrade to ensure that power more than 30%, or plug in an external power supply.
3) Please ensure that the SD card has enough memory space (> 2G) to prepare copies of the upgrade package, and ensure that the SD card file format is FAT32 (test method: SD card can be inserted into the card reader, then connect to the PC this when my computer on the PC will be a removable disk drive. Right select the disk, left click on the pop-up menu "Properties" to see the disk file system should be FAT or FAT32. NTFS format if it is, then the cards can not be used to upgrade).
4) Before the upgrade is complete or upgrade an exception, do not remove the SD card or the power, do not press the POWER button.
5) upgrade process if power interruption occurs, try again with the SD card upgrade.
1.2.2 SD card automatically upgrade
1) Make sure dload folder (contains update.app, onfg.cfg) and auto_upgrade.cfg complete copy of the file to the root directory of the SD card 5.2) Insert the SD card into the veneer
3) The SD card is inserted into the glory X1
4) glory X1 boot automatically into SD card upgrade (if the machine is turned on, then you restart the machine)
5) When the machine with a screen, the normal upgrade process, the screen displays the following figure
6) After a successful upgrade The screen displays as shown below, and then the machine will automatically restart 7) to confirm whether the version upgrade was successful: go to "Settings" - "About tablet" - "version number" in the query the current version number to confirm that the upgrade was successful. 8) When the machine with a screen, the upgrade fails, the screen displays the following diagram: If the upgrade fails, make sure that a copy of the upgrade package is complete, the storage path is correct, but in the SD card root directory will generate log file upgrades. With this log file, you can upgrade the reason for the failure to locate.