Or Continue to Thread: [Q] My GS3 is an impregnable w…
Find Your Device:
10th July 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi guys. First post to the forum, been lurking for years, just registered.

I recently updated my phone with the update that Samsung kept bothering me about every 2 hours or so. And It has messed my phone up, it's slow, it drags. It doesn't even show the clock on my lock screen without thinking about it for about 10 seconds. Train wreck.

I've rooted, installed custom recovery, and loaded custom roms on my Galaxy S i9000 and on my grouper Nexus 7. I kinda get how all this works, I'm not a total newb, but with this phone I am at a dead end and i've tried everything I know, and a bunch more tricks I learned here and nothing is working.

My Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3: Canadian (Bell) version SGH-I747M, supposedly the same as the S3 AT&T,
"About phone" screenie
LINK IF IMAGE WONT IMBED: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmgw0wj59r...0-10-22-46.png

I had to use zadig to replace my drivers for Heimdall
Heimdall will sucessfully flash clockwork recovery, but it refuses to install my CM rom. I haven't tried any other roms, but from what I've read in the forum here, it doesn't seem to matter what rom you use, it just wont do it.

I get Assert, bootloader errors when trying to install from zip in Clockwork Recovery. tried the fix here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41503727
and it does not work. Odin just says "FAILED" right away.

I thought maybe if I just rooted the phone first, I could at least flash a custom recovery and not have it over written everytime I boot.
I tried CF-AutoRoot, Odin says success, but nothing changes on my phone.
I tried OneClickRoot which worked wonders on my GS i9000 back in the day. No success.

I have tried CM Installer to do it automated, It says success, but no change.

People have reported that Knox may be the problem, but as far as I can tell I don't have it on my phone.

I've been working on this for a day and a half and all I've managed to do is factory reset my phone about 12 times. I need help.. I don't know what to do. Has anybody managed to root their phone or install a custom recovery or rom with a GS3 running 4.4?