This application is a very useful free alternative to those expensive Contact backup applications. It will backup/export your Contacts and SMS[V2].
UPDATE: V2.5 Released. Command-Line and GUI versions bundled into ONE EXE.
UPDATE: V3.0 Released. Now you can export Contacts in VCF format!
UPDATE: V3.1 Released. Fixes error with missing DLL.
UPDATE: V4.0 Released. Expands the export capabilities of Contacts!
This program includes:
- A super-simple, lightweight GUI
- The Ability to backup Contacts and SMS
- Three modes of exporting: TXT and CSV and VCF
- A comand-line based version of the GUI program
- Simply download the CAB file, and install it
- Then navigate to Start Menu > CycloneApps > ExportStudio
- and voila!
- First, run the app and you will see 3 areas : What you want to output, the output format, and the folder to write to.
- Select what you want to ouput
- Make sure to ONLY PUT THE FOLDER in the folder text box, or you will get errors or weird results...
- Once set up, click export, and the application will do its thing!
- If you want to use the command-line feature, then just run the same EXE as for the GUI with parameters afterwards (see documentation)
- While the CSV format can be opened in Excel or the likes, I find that the TXT format is more organized.
- There may be some slight errors in the CSV file (this is tested with OpenOffice on Windows Vista).
- None others... YAY
Remember please, that I did this coding on my own and with the motivation and help of other users on the XDA Forums. I do this to practice coding for myself and to provide free alternatives of apps for the users of our beloved Excalibur. While the programs are 100% free, donations are appreciated