***The Official Goodbye Thread***

Search This thread

hanisod

Mar 27, 2013
Berlin
Today I just gave my HTC Sensation for someone I know dearly to get something out of it... good Sensation! I really miss our times together

... and HELLO beauty!

Sent from my LG G2 using Crapatalk

hanisod

Mar 27, 2013
Berlin
Sensation? Lol...this is the goodbye thread for the Evo LTE, but...what difference does it make?

Enjoy...
Wait... for real? XD
The thread just popped up on my subscription list... dunno how
I saw it said goodbye, and just posted that XD
I never owned an Evo

Anywho, thanks for allowing me to post here [emoji1]

Sent from my LG G2 using Crapatalk

Kujila

Jun 7, 2011
Goodbye, EVO 4G LTE.

How I loved you. I loved being one of the first people to use Sprint LTE before the official launch. I loved your kickstand. I loved your physical camera button, and great quality 8 MP pictures. I loved your Sense 4 and then later 5.

I would have stayed with HTC if they hadn't gone the "Ultrapixel" route. The M7/M8 are very sexy units, but no amount of marketing could make me lose 4MP - I do sometimes make large-ish prints off my phone camera, after all.

I would have gone to the S5 if Sprint hadn't blocked Employee Referral plans from it during launch. I really despised the interface and physical design, so I held off.

Ultimately, I found a phone that fits my needs - I went for the LG G3 with its laser-focus 13 MP camera, quad-HD display, and 4K video recording capabilities.

LG G3's Sprint Spark speeds are 4x-5x the LTE speeds I got on the HTC EVO 4G. Plus, the reception is amazing compared to the lackluster reception I had on the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I didn't recycle the EVO, however. It will retain life as a Wifi-only hand-me-down device. She still is in great shape due to the case - although it has some severe rub marks on the rear of the phone from the case. No scratches on the glass, either.

Thanks everyone for your support on this device. She is still a good phone, but I think it's time to move on the Sprint Spark for the much, much faster speeds! :D

Reactions: Luna_Sky and AarSyl

Lacedaemon

Aug 29, 2011
Los Angeles
acert0sh.weebly.com
Goodbye, EVO 4G LTE.

How I loved you. I loved being one of the first people to use Sprint LTE before the official launch. I loved your kickstand. I loved your physical camera button, and great quality 8 MP pictures. I loved your Sense 4 and then later 5.

I would have stayed with HTC if they hadn't gone the "Ultrapixel" route. The M7/M8 are very sexy units, but no amount of marketing could make me lose 4MP - I do sometimes make large-ish prints off my phone camera, after all.

I would have gone to the S5 if Sprint hadn't blocked Employee Referral plans from it during launch. I really despised the interface and physical design, so I held off.

Ultimately, I found a phone that fits my needs - I went for the LG G3 with its laser-focus 13 MP camera, quad-HD display, and 4K video recording capabilities.

LG G3's Sprint Spark speeds are 4x-5x the LTE speeds I got on the HTC EVO 4G. Plus, the reception is amazing compared to the lackluster reception I had on the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I didn't recycle the EVO, however. It will retain life as a Wifi-only hand-me-down device. She still is in great shape due to the case - although it has some severe rub marks on the rear of the phone from the case. No scratches on the glass, either.

Thanks everyone for your support on this device. She is still a good phone, but I think it's time to move on the Sprint Spark for the much, much faster speeds! :D

ZFTGr0z.jpg

memekmek

Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
can this goodbye thread turn into a, please take me back thread? the evo lte was a great phone, if it had a quad core...i would have sticked with it. I just got the M8, sadly it will be my last htc phone. HTC has gone so downhill and is horrible at marketing their phones. Seriously the original evo was such a great hit and they discontinued that line. Anyways i'll probably get the nexus 6 when it comes out.

Aloupha

Well, I am on my way to say my goodbyes. I am up for an upgrade and I really want the Note 4 if I can hold out until the third or fourth quarter of this year. If not, I'll get the Samsung Galaxy 5, which is supposed to be coming out in the next few months.

It looks like I was able to hold on; however, I will soon be saying bye as soon as the note 4 becomes available. I am glad to be saying bye to HTC. I have been with HTC since the mogul. I think HTC has lost its edge.

I must acknowledge that this Evo 4G Lte is a great phone. I will definitely miss it. I don't know how many times I dropped this thing, and it is still here with no major cosmetic damage other than normal wears from normal usage. It has served me well for over two years with no issues.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Free mobile app

hondafreak513

Jan 22, 2013
Williamsburg
Well time to say goodbye evo and hello note 2. I was tired of the horrible service and data transfer. I have picked up a note 2 for a good deal. So good bye all..

G

GuestK0087

Yes, 3rd time is a charm I guess. I've finally bricked my evo after 2 solid years of use. So this is goodbye for real now. I might still lurk in the Q&A and general threads but my days of flashing the awesome work of the devs here are done. Thanks to all who helped and helped me learn. My focus is solely on my G3 now.

yankees2450

Mar 24, 2011
Hey guys, this is the end for me. I got my HTC ONE MAX (Sense 6) Friday and it's amazing. I'll keep my evo lte also I'll keep updating my Rom the best I can. Thank you all for your support.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: jocarog

PedroDaGr8

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego, CA
With great sadness, I must day goodbye. Last Friday, I checked my email, put my phone in my pocket and when I pulled it out it wouldn't turn on. Apparently, it died. Won't boot or take a charge. Plug in to a PC it repeatedly connects and disconnects. It was time to move on. :(

Upgraded to an LG G3 and I hate to say it but it's better in every single way. Not that this is unexpected for a several year newer phone. This is my first non-HTC phone, since the my first smartphone running Windows Mobile 5. Sad in a way because it's the end of an era but incredibly happy with this phone. I have zero complaints (better reception, more powerful, better battery life, better camera, better screen, etc).

A quick example of the night performance of the G3 camera.

g5do5Ab.jpg

That's a realistic view of what my eyes saw. It's a tree covered walkway late at night with the only light coming from those path lights. I tried the photo on my EVO before and all I got was two noisy blobs of light with a bunch of noisy blackness, even with HDR.

Thanks for everything to the amazing ROM makers on this forum. You truly made the evo the great device that it was. I'm forever in your debt.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: mmmmmmmma

Will Rickards

Jun 10, 2010
Preordered the note 4 from tmobile. Trading in the ltevo for the samsung $200 trade-in offer.
I did the tmobile test drive and was blown away by how much better the service is where I need it.
Only a few more weeks with my ltevo.

Psycario

Oct 24, 2014
I think im jumping ship to the Note 4 also. My evo touchscreen is starting to act up lately. screen goes to minimum brightness setting and the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. I have to reboot everytime it happens. doesn't happen too often, but even once is too much.

G

GuestK0087

Feels like forever ago since I was here. Just stopping by to recommend N6 to anyone considering it. Truly incredible device.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts