[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qcom Intl Galaxy S4 (jflte)

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
FYI everyone: tomorrow's nightly will likely break compatibility with all third party kernels. We completely revamped the kernel to base it off newer samsung (and caf) source. Also - we are no longer going to support variant recoveries. You'll need a jflte recovery. Here's a flashable zip of the lastest clockworkmod for jflte: http://www.invisiblek.org/recovery/jflte/jflte_recovery-cwm-6.0.5.0.zip

agentdeep

Apr 30, 2013

NZgeek

Jul 7, 2011
Auckland
www.nzgeek.net
FYI everyone: tomorrow's nightly will likely break compatibility with all third party kernels. We completely revamped the kernel to base it off newer samsung (and caf) source. Also - we are no longer going to support variant recoveries. You'll need a jflte recovery. Here's a flashable zip of the lastest clockworkmod for jflte: http://www.invisiblek.org/recovery/jflte/jflte_recovery-cwm-6.0.5.0.zip

You can guarantee that even though people have been warned, there will still be posts here saying "I flashed the latest nightly with [whatever] kernel and it won't boot. Please help."

For those I this thread that do bother reading everything, please tell the non-readers that the problem is with their kernel being out of date, not a bug in CM, and that they should go to their kernel's thread for support.

G

GuestK00135

Will the new kernel fix infrared?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

feraay

Dec 30, 2011
IR Sensor still working since day one...

What is your Problem?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Same here.

You are late a bit. They changed the name of that option few days ago, and they did it with a reason.
First name was ambiguous in that it could be interpreted like the wake up feature which is using the proximity sensor.
My opinion at least.
So what would one expect? I expect the exact thing you described: covering proximity sensor and trying to switch on screen should result in screen not turning on. Yet, it does... and additionally creates a wakelock until switching that option off and reboot

nommy

Dec 10, 2010
near Hamburg
You are late a bit. They changed the name of that option few days ago, and they did it with a reason.
First name was ambiguous in that it could be interpreted like the wake up feature which is using the proximity sensor.
My opinion at least.

Did you really read the post I quoted?

The option "prevent accidental wake-up" does nothing than create a wake-lock.
It should prevent the screen to be switched on if the phone is for example in a pocket. But if I cover the proximity sensor while the screen is off and then press home, the screen switches on and can even be unlocked.
In addition to that, a wake-lock will be created until I turn that option off and reboot the phone.

snakecharmer23

Oct 1, 2007

Does this unified recovery have LOKI support for ATT and Verizon users?

Also, shouldn't the OP be updated?

Last edited:

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
You can guarantee that even though people have been warned, there will still be posts here saying "I flashed the latest nightly with [whatever] kernel and it won't boot. Please help."

For those I this thread that do bother reading everything, please tell the non-readers that the problem is with their kernel being out of date, not a bug in CM, and that they should go to their kernel's thread for support.

Agree. Too many times people don't bother read just a few previous posts or use thread search button.

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Did you really read the post I quoted?

The option "prevent accidental wake-up" does nothing than create a wake-lock.
It should prevent the screen to be switched on if the phone is for example in a pocket. But if I cover the proximity sensor while the screen is off and then press home, the screen switches on and can even be unlocked.
In addition to that, a wake-lock will be created until I turn that option off and reboot the phone.

Yes I have, and my reaction is related to its first part, a 'question' 'what would one expect? '.

If the options doesn't work well for him, or you because of bug, or whatever, is completely different issue than one I commented on. He quoted my post, where I just said the first name choosen for the options was ambiguous, it was not clear if the options should wake up device, or help in keeping the screen off.
These are nightlies, the feature is new, so it is not unexpected at all if that doesn't work well, or at all.

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
So what would one expect? I expect the exact thing you described: covering proximity sensor and trying to switch on screen should result in screen not turning on. Yet, it does... and additionally creates a wakelock until switching that option off and reboot
Regarding the rest of your post, about the possible bug, I can confirm that covering the sensor, and pressing the home button does turn the screen on. On the other side I haven't noticed any wakelock running, so no need to reboot.

themetatron

Oct 29, 2009
SLOcala, FL
@invisiblek still need to update recovery with that zip, if we allow "update cm recovery" in developer options?

Edit: found my version in /sdcard/clockworkmod/.recovery_version

Last edited:

mooyaart

Dec 21, 2012
London
Do you know if the next M build will be the same?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?
    Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    I want to request to become the new maintainer but still don't know how, who I should contact...
    @invisiblek can you give me some straight?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    I'm confident we have a winner here.
    All changes have been pushed.
    Next nightly will have the goods.
    Thanks for all the help testing everyone!
    @invisiblek,
    I wonder if currently the developer or rom mainteiner for S4 need people to test the nightly to report about the random reboots issue or sending logs or they know already the basic information to investigate. I suppose should be possible to indentify which day the issue has started and which commit is the "guilty". Just to know. Sorry if I miss some information on this thread.
    Thanks

If anyone can give me a consistent way to reproduce it, that's about the best information I can hope for right now. The reboots are so random and spaced apart that anything we try to do to fix it, can't be proven right or wrong for at minimum a day. This, as you can imagine, is incredibly time-consuming.

Little background. It's not just a matter of reverting one commit, this particular issue is a side effect of the new kernel base we switched to shortly after the M9 release. We had two reboot bugs (at the time we thought only one). We fixed one (the one that was reproducable within 10-15 minutes), and didn't have reboots for a day or two and said "ok, shipit!". Later we learned we had this other one and its quite a bit tougher to nail down, because we can't make it happen very often. Logs are all the same, its always failing at the same spot, so none of that's really of much help to us.

Rest assured its being worked on. I have some ideas too, but as I said testing is slow because of the nature of this bug.

If you want it stable, stick the M9 (or whatever nightly people are saying works).